Verzenio adjuvant

Hi, I understand that I am not allowed to take Ibuprofen while on this drug and, being an older person, I do have aches and pains I sometimes take this for. Can you tell me what painkillers would be acceptable please?

Hi
I’m on Palbociclib and Letrozole and was told I couldn’t take ibuprofen with the Palbociclib but ok to take Naproxen
Please check with pharmacy first though xx

Really? I’ve just started taking this and wasn’t told about ibuprofen. I will have to ask when they hopefully call me tomorrow.

Hello lollyscott,

Thanks for posting. It’s understandable you want to take some pain relief for aches and pains.

We’ve checked the health professional and patient information for Versenios (abemaciclib) and neither mention avoiding ibuprofen. A side effect of abemaciclib is bruising and bleeding. Ibuprofen belongs to a group of drugs called non–steroidal anti-inflammatory (as does naproxen). A side effect of these is also bleeding so this may be why it’s been suggested you avoid ibuprofen.

We are not sure who said not to take it but do check with your treatment team or a pharmacist as @lindah74 says. Many people find they can take paracetamol so again let your team know about your aches and pains and what might be best to help control these.

Here are the details of all our services which you may be interested in.

Do call our helpline if you would like to talk this through or have any further questions. The helpline team have time to listen to your concerns, talk things through and signpost you to more support and information. Your call will be confidential, and the number is free from UK landlines and all mobile networks. The number is 0808 800 6000, (Relay UK - prefix 18001).

If you would prefer one of our nurses to call you. To do this, please complete this form ticking the box agreeing to a call back.

Our usual opening hours are Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm and 9am - 1pm on Saturday.

Out of hours you can leave a message and we will call you back when we next open.

Best wishes

Jane

Breast Care Nurse

Please read the Ask Our Nurses disclaimer Full details on how we collect and use your data can be found in our Privacy Policy

This thread will now be closed from further replies. If you have any additional questions or would like to provide feedback, please start a new thread.