Verzenio side effects

Hello
I am Pansy or Pia, I was diagnosed with breast cancer September 2022. I had a lumpectomy November 2022. Did 33 sessions of radiation which ended February 2023. Have been on Letrozole since February 2023. Side effects have been minimal, until I was put on Verzenio in May 2023, then the side effects began: diarrhea nausea fatigue. I was put on high doses of calcium and vitamin D

If I eat small meals several times a day, the nausea and fatigue is minimal. I drink a lot of fluids especially with electrolytes. I went from 150mg twice per day to 100mg twice per day. I got a scare on Sunday dizziness fainting and falling and vomiting. I ended up in the ER, I am pausing the Verzenio for now until I am feeling much better but I am still taking the Letrozole.

Anyone else getting these side effects. Hot flashes are not as bad as before, I try to stay cool.
Keep well everyone.

1 Like

HI Pansypia,
I was on Letrozole for 3 years, I had lots of side effects including hot sweats and joint pain and fatigue.
2years ago I was given Verzenios with Denosumab. The Verzenios caused me all the same side effects, aswell as diarrhoea. I was prescribed Loperamide which really helped, in fact stopped it altogether. However as with you the hot flushes were not as bad.
Hope this helps

Welcome to the forum @pansypia0724

It is full of kind, helpful people and I hope you find the support you are looking for.

I am sorry to hear about the side effects that you’re experiencing. Please know that our nurses are here for you any time, here on the forum on the Ask our Nurses your questions or over the phone 0808 800 6000.

Sending our warmest,
Lucy

Hi all -

I just started Verzenios in March. It’s only been a month and like many of you I have diahrreas almost every day. I take 150mg twice a day and my Oncologist asked me to be a bit more patient and see if the side effects will improve ; if not she will decrease the dose. It’s not that bad but because I’m not (yet) able to predict when I will have an episode, it scares me and I will for example not want to spend a day in the mountains. I hope things will get better and if not then I will agree to decrease the dose. I want to try a bit longer bc of all of the clinical studies showing the advantage of taking verzenios on top of letrozole. I’m at high risk of recurrence so I think it’s worth it.
One thing I haven’t read in this community is something about weight. Are you all able to keep your weight stable? I only take this drug for a month and I lost almost 2kgs… i guess mostly water ? I try to drink more but it worries me. I took an appt with a nutritionist to see what I can do… How is it for you?