Vitamins estrogen positive breast cancer

Just started Tamoxifen and the side effects are creeping in. Mainly hot flushes and leg cramps. My oncologist has said to take a good multivitamin and wondering if anyone could recommend one and any other supplements which help with the side effects. The leg cramps I can deal with but the hot flushes are really getting unbearable!

Hi
I too am on tamoxifen for nearly a year now following 5 months of Anastrozole which nearly destroyed me. I take Magnesium OK, which I originally took years ago to help with menopause - I am 68 now. It really helps with flushes and the night leg cramps. I recently went on holiday and forgot to pack it and the leg cramps came back with a vengeance. I take it at night with the Tamoxifen as I have nausea as a side effect of the Tamoxifen. Still feel sick most mornings but have learned to cope with that and not eat until 11. Magnesium OK has 2 types of magnesium, 8 vitamins and 6 minerals. I also take Adcal which is vitimin D and calcium for my bones. Hope it helps you too. :heart:

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. Do you mind sharing which other vitamins you take and the type of magnesium? My oncologist said to take a good multivitamin but I don’t know where to start! My hot flushes are awful and making life very uncomfortable. Not sure if it’s something which will calm down as my body gets used to the medication.

Hi Kgiddy

I take adcal - which is doctor prescribed, contains calcium and vitamin D. I also take “Magnesium-OK” - that’s the brand name for a mix of magnesium oxide and magnesium citrate alongside vitamins. It contains vitamin D3, vitamin E, vitamin C, thiamine (B1), riboflavin (B2), vitamin B6, folic acid, vitamin B12, magnesium, zinc, copper, selenium, chromium and iodine. It is formulated for hormonal balance and many menopausal women take it. You can buy it at boots pharmacies and Amazon -

That’s great thanks. Really appreciate your advice. Did you have an estrogen positive breast cancer? I’m so nervous about taking anything which might interfere with the hormone therapy!

1 Like

Yes I had er+(8), pr+(7), her2- cancer in right breast. Lumpectomy and snlb, radiotherapy and endocrine treatment. Good luck, it does get better. X