Waiting for an appointment for FNAC

Hi Guys,

I have very dense breasts - lucky me. I have had a mammogram and Ultrasound every year for ages. They have always looked more on my right side but have never found anything that they could definitively pinpoint.
Yesterday I had my yearly tests and my Dr called saying to make an appointment for a fine needle biopsy. I also have micro calcifications in both breasts. The whole deal.

I know you shouldn’t pre-empt these things, especially as I have had uterine fibroids and rheumatoid arthritis, but waiting for them to confirm an appointment is messing with my head.

I know that this is not a big deal at this point, but human nature is to look at the worst case scenarios.
Just wanted to vent to someone other than my husband.

Lee

1 Like

When I had FNA I had seven of them and each one hurt like hell. I found core biopsies a lot less painful. I would need a general anaesthetic to have fna again.

Seagulls

1 Like

Had my biopsy today. Vacuum assisted biopsy of the breast. Not too bad at all. I have booked an appointment with my GP in 2 weeks and am hoping that if she doesn’t contact me, good news.
Either way, at least something has happened.