waiting for my test results :(

hello all ! I found this site today and am so relieved to find someone to talk to who is going through the same thing as me or has been through it , I am so scared !!
I found a lump in my right breast last mon eve and saw my gp on the tues , he sent me for a mammogram which was done 3 times (ouch) and then i had the imaging ultra sound done . I was told it was not a cyst but a solid lump and 2 biopsies were taken then and there . I have just had a letter to say I now have to go back to the clinic next fri (9th mar) not sure what happens next or what to do or think as all happening so fast , even harder as i am still grieving for my son who died 4 months ago , it all seems so unreal :frowning:

Hi Andreamg

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums, sorry to read that you are having such a tough time at the moment. I’m sure the users of this site will be along to support you soon.

In the meantime maybe you would like to talk to a member of our helpline staff who are there to offer emotional support as well as practical information. The free phone number is 0808 800 600 and the lines are open Monday to Friday 9.00 to 5.00 and Saturday 9.00 to 2.00.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Andreamg,

what an awful awful time you’re having right now.
My heart goes out to you, you brought tears to my eyes with your post.
It is normal at these clinics to be treated quickly, its such a rollercoaster ride you hardly get time to pause.
I don’t know what your results will show, but the waiting is very hard, at least you know things are in hand and you are being treated correctly to protocol.
Remember that you’ve done the right thing in getting checked out, and you are allowed to rant and rave at the horror of it all, I certainly did. My GP was a great help in the early days, so bear that in mind if you feel too low,
I hope you’ll be able to come on here for the support you need and make some lovely friends and fingers crossed that nothing nasty is found.

Sending you hugs,
Truddles

xxx

Fingers and everything else crossed for benign results. Keep breathing until Friday - the waiting is really the hardest part.
Hugs, Angelfalls xx

Andreamg,
I’m so sorry to hear what a hard time you’ve been having. It’s good that you have found these forums. The support you get here is invaluable, especially when you are waiting for results to come through. I really hope that you don’t have to come any further on this journey. There are so many solid lumps that are not cancer so keep that in mind while you wait.
All the women here will tell you that if you do have to go through treatment, nothing is even remotely as bad as you imagine. If anyone had told me this time last year that I would be dancing at my son’s wedding 11 days after a mastectomy I would have told them they were mad. But dance and laugh and party I did - and then I walked back to our hotel at midnight and did the tourist stuff in London for the next two days.
I’ve now had four of my six sessions of chemo and can’t wait to get it over and get my hair back.I’ve never been brave in my life but like everyone else here I’ve just found where my strength was hiding. I hope you don’t need to find yours but it will be there if you need it and so will we.
Love and many hugs,
Kathleen

Hi
Although I have not got BC my youngest daughter aged just 28 was diagnosed in jan 2012 it has been a roller coster of emotions waiting for the results is the hardest thing i have ever had to endure for after all she is my baby. this forum has been a god send and we can not wait for the 8th march so hayley can get her results so we know what she has got a head of her, she has throughout this whole waiting time been the strongest most inspirational young lady I have evey met and I am glad to be her mum xx She has been married just under a year and has two bueatiful children and a lovely supportive husband

Wishing for good news for your daughters results budsuer. Let us know how she gets on x

Hi all :frowning: wow ! what a lovely bunch of ladies you are , none of you know me but so many kind words are spoken in encouragement so thankyou all so much . well this is my last day of waiting as i get my results at 10.30 tomorrow morning , I know I have to face what ever it is but at the same time I am not sure I will cope with bad news :frowning:
Budster please stay on here and let us know how your daughter got on today , I wish her well and hope that all and any news for her is good ! I will certainly come back on here as knowing there are ladies such as yourselves on here who are and have gone through the same things as i am is a comfort as I have no one else I can talk to and share my feelings with . Yes I have family but with all their wishes of me being ok I need to face that it could be more :frowning: So many emotions are running through my head …I will come back when i know my results good or bad and either look for your support or maybe help anyone else who might like mine xxx

Thinking of you for tomorrow xxx

Good luck x x

Still got everything crossed for you xx

Best of luck this morning x

hello all you lovely ladies !! well I got my results this morning and sadly not ones i wanted to hear I have breast cancer !! :frowning:
I am having an mri next wed and then i have to see the surgeon the week after that will decide whether i have a lumpectomy and radiotherapy or a masectomy and chemo Phew !! so much to take in it is all so over whelming . I have been told i can have some help as i am finding all this too much on top of my son dying :frowning: thankyou for all being for me and listening to my rantings :frowning: I hope i can learn to take all this in and cope with what lies ahead of me as hard as know that will be x

Oh, Andrea! I’m so sorry to hear your news. This is not what we wanted to hear. But know that we are here for you. It’s absolutely normal to feel overwhelmed, but once you get the results of your MRI and your treatment gets underway, things should start to feel a little bit more manageable. In the meantime, just keep breathing. The waiting is tough, but keep posting your questions and concerns and we’ll try to help you through it. Or give the BCC helpline a call. It sounds like you’ve got a good team and I hope the help they’re offering will give you some good coping strategies. You’ve been through so much already. (((((Hugs))))) Angelfalls xx

Andrea, I am new to the site also and have just read your posts. I am so sorry that your news was not good. From what I have read this site will be a great support. It just helps to know that others have been there before us.

I have my first clinic appointment on Tue, so do not know yet what is ahead of me…but i do know that if results are positive for BC i will be a regular visitor to the forum. It has already made me feel less isolated than i did!

Lots of choices ahead of you. Will be thinking about you next week!

Sorry about your news, Accept the help that’s offered and know you’re not alone, even in the early hours there is a time to express and unload on this site, I’m sure some of the ladies ( Up all nighters…thread) never seem to go to bed, lol.

Focus on the small daily steps you need to take, rather than the whole picture at the moment, and it will slowly get more bearable.

Good luck to you for your results too, Meg

xxxxx

Hi all ! well I have had my MRI and been to see surgeon and the good news is the cancer has not spread and is not in my armpit so all good , my surgeon was pleased to tell me he is doing a lumpectomy and not a masectomy as we thought might happen , I have been told i will need chemo and radiotherapy but i know now that I can do this and am so relieved . I have spent so much time worried and scared and now I can cope with having cancer and know i can beat it :slight_smile: so to all and any that come on here like i did when i was looking for someone to talk to remember there is light at the end of the dark tunnel and not all nes is bad :slight_smile: I can smile again :slight_smile: xx

:slight_smile:

Good news, Andrea! Good luck with your treatment. Hugs, Angelfalls xx