Waiting for refferral

Hi I’m new to this so please excuse me if I ramble on. I’m 20 and 7 weeks ago I found a lump on my breast went to doctors and she said to me it didn’t feel suspicious but would put in a refferral at the breast clinic for me. I was told I would only have to wait 3 weeks but it now has been 7. I have just received my app letter for the 22nd may a day before my 21 st birthday! I was only given this date as I had been phoning the clinic constantly they said due to my age the refferral wasn’t urgent so I would just have to wait until an app became free. Since the 7 weeks the lump has changed it feels as if there is more that one lump now and my arm close to under arm/ breast feels a bit swollen. I am so worried that I went to docotors again yesterday but I felt like he didn’t examine me properly and told me it was glandular? Does anyone know what he means by this? What could cause multiple lumps? I am so worried BC does not run in the family which is another reason I wasn’t urgent. But I feel like 8 weeks is such a long time to have to wait, I can’t help but worry that if it is bad that it has gone a lot worse due to the time I’ve had to wait. Does anyone have any advice for me I cannot stop worrying I’ve had to take this week off work due to the stress. Also since the waiting I keep getting the strange aches and pains on my shoulder and sharp shooting pains through my nipple. Sorry for going on for so long my mother thinks I’m being stupid and that it’s nothing so does my bf so I don’t have anyone really to talk to. The waiting is driving me crazy i don’t feel I can wait another day let alone another week. Thank you anyone that has listened advice would be very welcome xxx

Hi Chrisdene23

I am sorry to read that you’re going through such a worrying and anxious time waiting for your appointment.  I’m sure some of the other users will be a long soon to offer your their support.  In the meantime you might find it helpful to talk things through with a member of staff on the BCC helpline.  Here you can share your feelings and concerns with someone who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information.  The number to call is 0808 800 6000 and lines are open weekdays 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator