Waiting over 2 weeks for results

Back story, i am 26, my partner found a lump in my left breast a fair few weeks ago now, and i went to the doctor who referred me to the hospital where they did a core biopsy on it, I was told it would take 10days for me to get my results, and alas i still dont have them, and im away next week so i wont know my results for another week now.

I tried phoning my GP but they havent had the results back yet either, so its a case of waiting around.

I know im young and the odds of me having anything are quite slim, but its constantly in the back of my mind, im fairly upbeat and i have been reassuring everyone i have told (mother, sister bf) that i am fine and its more then likely nothing, but i do have little niggles and worries every so often.

Dont really know what to say or what i want as a reply back really, just wanted to get it off my chest so to speak.

Hi xkissyx,

Welcome to the BCC discussion forums where I’m sure you’ll get lots of support from the other users of this site.

If you feel you would like to talk to someone in confidence then the Breast Cancer Care Helpline is here for you, offering support and information. Calls to the helpline are free, lines are usually open Mon to Fri 9am - 5pm and Sat 9am - 2pm (although due to the bank holiday it will be closed this Monday 31st May), telephone 0808 800 6000.

Best wishes,
Kate, BCC Facilitator

xkissyx

The way you are feeling is completely normal. All of us on here know that waiting for results is the hardest thing. Hopefully yours will be nothing to worry about, but we all understand your anxiety. Please keep us posted

Julia xx

Hi xKissyx
Well you have made the first move by getting it checked out! so that is a step forward, we all hate these results, the waiting never seems to end, l expect having two bank holidays in May puts all the results behind.
Yes the odds are in favour of you, and you are bound to get niggles of worry, that is perfectly normal.
You go away and enjoy your holiday, try and put it at the back of your mind for a week.
Hope now you have got it off your chest, you can make the most of your holiday, fingers crossed for good results for you
Let us know how you get on, Take care
Sandra xxx

Thank you for your kind words :slight_smile: I know its silly to get worried over something which is more then likely to be nothing, but its just that constant little ache of a niggle in the back of my mind id quite like to get rid off, i will let you know how i get on :slight_smile: