waiting

Hi everyone - I’m new here and I’ve just been referred to the breast clinic. I found a swollen gland in my armpit in November which just wouldn’t go down. I also kept on catching colds, so the doctor thought it was related to that but gave me antibiotics anyway to rule out an infection. A couple of weeks later it was still there so I was sent for a blood test which was normal. Over Christmas it seemed to go down lots, almost disappearing but not quite, and I thought that would be the end of it.

However, it has recently returned. It’s quite strange, somedays it is bigger than other days and sometimes it hurts, sometimes not. After my doctor was rooting around in my armpit a couple of days ago it is bigger and hurts more, but I suppose that kind of makes sense. She said that my breasts themselves seem normal - but she would refer me to be on the safe side. I was wondering if anyone had similar symtoms to me at all?

My appointment isn’t for another 10 days yet so I’m just trying not to think about it at the moment (though not very successfully since I’m posting on this forum…), but it’s really difficult not to think the worst…

Hello loretta100

Welcome to the forums, you’ve come to the right place for support as the users of this site have a wealth of experience and knowledge between them.

Whilst waiting for replies you may find it useful to contact our free helpline on 0808 800 6000, opening hours are Monday to Friday 9.00 – 5.00 and Saturday 9.00 – 2.00.

Best wishes
June, moderator

Hi loretta,
just bumping this for you, someone will hopefully come along soon with some help, try not to worry, I know it’s easier said than done!!
You are on the right path having things checked, please let us know how you get on, take care and lots of hugs to you xx

Well, I’ve just got home from the breast clinic where I had an ultrasound scan and it turns out that I have some ‘extra breast tissue’ growing in my armpit. Seems a bit odd but thankfully nothing to worry about and a big relief.

Good luck and best wishes to all of you.

Loretta100 x