Waiting...

Hi everyone, I’ve been visiting these forums for a few days now as I discovered a lump last Thursday evening. I had to wait until yesterday to see my GP who confirmed that it was a lump and now I’m waiting for my appointment at the breast clinic. The GP referred me urgently as two of my aunts have had BC, one of them was diagnosed at 37 and died in her 40s and the other is in her 50s and has been in remission for 4 years. I’m 37 and have 3 young kids. I’m terrified, but I think that thse boards are amazing. It has been a real help for me reading the threads of others who have been in my position. Thankyou. The doctor said that my lump seems to be mobile which could be good news. It’s about the size of my thumbnail and doesn’t hurt.

I telephoned the breast clinic and they’ve given me an appointment for 4th April. I can’t bear it, I know it’s pretty quick but it seems like a lifetime to wait.

Hi sunnygirl I am also new here. I am also 37 with 3 kids so know how you feel. I had a biopsy on Wednesday last week and am still waiting for the results. From what the other ladies on here have said though don’t get into a panic. I did and I read all about breast cancer on the web and just assumed the worst. I believe 9 out of 10 lumps are benign so lets hope yours and mine is. There are some really brave, strong, courageous woman on this site and they have given me inspiration to deal with whatever is thrown my way.

Kind regards
Dee

Hi sunnygirl,

I think some of toughest times are the waiting ones and most of us here will understand what you are going through right now. It’s good to hear that your GP has acted very quickly for you. The 4th April is quite soon but it will seem like a lifetime for you. Hang in there and keep ‘talking’ here if it helps you. If the comfort of a cyberhug helps then I offer you that.

dawnhc
xxx

Thanks Dee, knowing that there are so many other people out there offering support and advice is a real comfort. I just don’t think that I could be so positive if my results are bad news…

I hope that you get your results soon and that you can go out and celebrate!

Luckily, I should get mine on the day, so hopefully my mind can be put at rest on the 4th!

Take care, Tracey

Thankyou so much dawnhc, cyberhugs are most welcome here!!!

Hi im 35 with three kids and was diagnosed last year, try not to worry, easier said than done i know but it really isnt as bad as you think, you have your absolute crap days but you also have days when life is really good, i know i apprieciate my children more now, and BC does make you a stronger person
Anna ps you save a bomb on hairdressers shampoo etc as well!!!

hi sunnygirl i also found a lump and was refered to breast clinic really quick my app is tomorrow and i feel sick although the logical part of my brain says it is nothing the other part is not so rational if im really honest i feel physicaly sick i have started on the wine already probably not a good idea

Good luck for tomorrow solsfox, please let me know how you get on. I’ve found that sleeping is the only way I can stop thinking about it and worrying!

Tracey x

Hi

Good luck with your results, let us know the outcome. As others have said 9 out of 10 are benign, I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Take care

claire x

Hello there, brave woman. I’m new too. I’ve had my first appointment but have had to wait for a core biopsy due to the Easter break which has lead to a bit of a backlog, despite living in a big city. my ‘needle test’ has shown that I have C4. I know this because I looked up my results myself - I work in health - and there may or may not be malignancy, but whichever I will need treatment. The Dr, no doubt in order to not ‘cause me worry’, told me that the changes seen on my mammogram (x4!) and scan (X3!!) could be due to benign breast disease. It isn’t though - he knew that when he booked me for the core biopsy. I’m telling you all this because I want you to know that our health service is fantastic. They don’t take unnecessary risks with our health, but you may not get all your results in one day. I have found the Breast Care nurse Fantabulous and am dealing with this like you. Sleeping!! Give your kids much big love, and remember that even if it is BC, it doesn’t mean you’ll die. We are far too busy to contemplate such things! x

I wish I was as brave as you. I can’t do anything for crying or sleeping. If it’s bad news on friday I don’t know how I’ll deal with it. I feel pathetic and afraid.

Dear Sunnygirl, no matter what results you get you will just cope, if anyone told me how great i would feel today 8 months ago when i was waiting for my results i would have punched them, but i can truely say ive never felt better, you learn to realise whats important, and whats not!!! dont get me wrong you will have your sh*t days, but you learn to smile as well!!!
Anna

Hey there sunny girl! Been reading your new thread too but am adding to this one. I don’t think I’m brave. I cry a lot too. and I’m scared. But I do have a great faith in both our cancer care in this country and in womens’ ability to GET ON AND DEAL WITH IT!!!. What will be will be, but you can make it a lot better by being FIT being GOOD TO YOURSELF and leaning on others when you need to.
Good luck!!
i have my core biopsy tomorrow. I’m getting my husband to take some photos of my ‘lovely unblemished breasts’ tonight. I really am rather fond of them - it will be a shame to loose one!!

:wink: Td x

My appointment is tomorrow and now I’d rather not go…don’t want to know if it’s bad news. God, I hope that it’s ok and tomorrow I can post about how daft I feel.

Hi sunnygirl

Will be thinking about you tomorrow… I hope you feel daft too but you gotta go girl

Best Wishes
Kayty

Good luck with your appointment.Got everything crossed for you. GILL X

Hi sunnygirl,

Really hope all goes well will be thinking of you today.

Do keep in touch and let us know how it goes.

loads of love

Magsi

Waiting since Feb.
I am also waiting and going crazy. i had my first appt at the clinic on 8th Feb. I had a lump in my right breast it proved to be nothing but they did a mamogram on both and found microcalcifications on the left. i was given a biopsy with ultrasound immediately and told in 7 days results. To cut a long story short I have now had 3 biopsies last one was vacuum assisted the one where you lie on your tummy. All the results were inconclusive suspected dcis. Any way I met with the surgeon 2 weeks ago and we set a date for a lumpectomy with wire and needle guidance for the 31 March he said I will just check with radiologist to make sure he is available. Came back and said he refused to do the wire and needle thingy as their equipment was not good enough analogue as opposed to digital. I was then referred to another hospital and another consultant surgeon to set a date for the 15th April. Has anyone had this type of experience with microcalcifications

Hi

Yes I had exactly the same thing last year. I had the Wire Local Excision and did have abnormal cells and microcalcification but they took the area and good clear margins so I didnt need any further treatment. If you need to ask anything just ask. I could go right into the op and what it is like but Im not sure how much you already know.

Good luck with it let us know how you get on and come on here when you need to.

Yvonne xx