Went to a BC support group and came home with a FREE bra

Our support group is organised by our BCN team and it’s 4 times a year - coffee and a chat and a chance to ask questions but also some guest sessions and last week it was Serina Hickton who is a representative for Anita Care whose products can be bought at many outlets and online stores but they also have their own site which is Eloise.co.uk . They stock bras up to 52G which come with prosthesis pockets though can be bought without , plus matching knickers , breast forms and swimwear.

My only previous experience of being fitted for a bra was years ago and rather miserable , the fitter measured me, pronounced that I was a 44C and brought me the only 44 bra they had . It was the ugliest thing I had ever seen so I was pleased that it did not actually fit at all. Serina said something that I have known for a long time, that measuring under the bust and adding 4 or 5 cm and declaring that someone is a particular size does not work because 10 bras that are theoretically all the same size will all fit differently . She said that it is about fitting a particular bra to a particular person. This encouraged me to get a fitting and I ended up with the Safina bra in 44B and I have to say that despite having managed to get some comfortable bras at M+S this is the best one I have had and it’s not ugly.

Serina said that it was part of her fitting stock ( a discontinued colour I think ) and gave it to me for FREE ( sorry - I still can’t get over it ). Three other ladies were given free bras - one lady who is very small breasted got 2 free bras and a matching pair of knickers . She was over the moon as since her mastectomy she had only been able to find 1 comfortable bra which she had washed every night to put on the next day . Another lady got a free breast form.

Their bras start at about £32 so definitely not the cheapest and the Safina is about £50 . A couple of my M+S staple ones are now the worse for wear and as I don’t see myself going back into ordinary bras I’m going to get another Anita as I can justify the expense because I didn’t pay for the first one. If anyone has a support group who would like a visit / talk from a bra fitting service I would definitely recommend her . Serina covers the north of England and her contact email address is serina.hickton@anita.net but there others who cover the south , Scotland , Wales and Ireland.

Hope this is helpful xx

5 Likes

Congratulations!:smiley::tada:

2 Likes

I’ll take a small win any day :blush: . Xx

1 Like