What clothing do I need following masectomy and reconstruction?

Can any of you good ladies advise me what I will need to wear following masectomy and recontruction.I live in Cyprus and practical help like this is impossible to get. I  have 2 cotton nighties with a few buttons down front. What will I need bra wise immediately after. I think some ladies wore a sports bra. I would be very glad to hear any advice please. I have a Greek surgeon who is a man so I won’t be asking his advice!!!

Morning Rosie.

I wore soft post surgery bras with front fastening. Same as sports bras or the soft ‘Genie’ ones that available in supermarkets (not sure if they are available for you), except they go over your head… so i wouldn’t have been able to get them on initially.  I purchased a few decent front fastening Bras online,  one by Anita and the other is a Royce one. I have had a right side m/x with expander currently in situ so wear partial prosthesis on that side until my reconstruction is complete.

I was advised by bc nurse to wear Bra all the time which i did for at least a month or so and only slept on my back, propped up.

In terms of clothing i lived in cotton pj’s and had a couple of mens nightshirts which all button right down the front, much easier as i had drains in the surgery site and lymph node site, which i think depends on the surgeon. 

I always used to wear shaped fitted t shirts / tops so had to buy a few linen / fine cotton loose blouses for going out and about.

Wishing all the best for your surgery. Take Care  Gilly x

I was given two camasols to wear which had pockets in them for your drainage tubes and pockets with small filler pillows to put  in case you don’t have reconstruction right away.  I got them before the surgery and they were soft to wear.  I purchased a few zipper nightgowns which worked out great.  I hope this helps…keep me posted.