what next??? lung mets ?

Hi all i have a recurrance in right breast had lumpectomy chemo and rads in 2008. PET scan shows 1cm cancer in right lung awaiting lung dr next week, will i need a biopsy to eatablish if this is lung mets or new primary tumour, ? anyone had this or can offer advice. I am going crazy being pushed from pillar to post so i don’t know if i need chemo or what sort yet, willl definately be a mastectomy.Just want some action as jan mammo was clear and this recuurance came back in 6 months approx.

Sarah 66

Hi Sarah,

I can’t really offer advice as the way I was diagnosed with secondaries was different - hopefully others will be able to help, but I just wanted to say sorry you are in this position; it is extremely stressful waiting to find out what’s happening and what the treatment plan is. It may be helpful for you to call the BCC helpline to talk things through.
Best wishes,

Tournesol

Hi Sarah66

I’m sorry to read you’re having such a worrying time. As Tournesol has mentioned do give the BCC helpline a call. Here you can share your concerns with a member of staff who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information. The number to call is 0808 800 6000 and the the lines are open Monday to Friday 9 to 5pm and 10 to 2pm Saturday.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator