What the F***! Pelvic or colon nodule No so good 2024?

Dear comrades in BC land,

I recently contacted the BC nurses at my hospital to inquire about a PET CT scan I had a few weeks before the end of 2023. Unfortunately, they conveyed some news that I would have preferred not to hear. The PET CT scan shows an area of concern, possibly a nodule, on my colon or pelvis. This has certainly thrown a spanner in the works, and now I need to undergo a colonoscopy and a more thorough pelvic examination.

Just when I thought I was on the road to recovery, here comes this nightmare again. I find myself sick, worried, and alone, as my friends are not around at this time of the year. I am hesitant to share this with them, as it feels like a very personal matter, and perhaps I’m being a bit reticent as I’ve always strongly disliked when people start discussing someone’s health when they’re in a difficult situation.

Right now, I’m going to take some diazepam to help improve my state of mind and indulge in a comforting hot chocolate.

Sending love and hoping for good news for all of you.

9 Likes

:heart: do phone the number and speak to a nurse and keep posting here :two_women_holding_hands: everyone’s here and you’ve our :two_women_holding_hands: if you need ears or to just offload while waiting further investigations :heart::two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

Thank you Shi I am just about getting crazier

1 Like

Do you have date for further investigations yet? Do speak to your team too and let them know how you are feeling they could prescribe you something or arrange for you to have some therapy :heart: it’s annoying when you get a bit of information from your team and not answers and what plan is if answers are warranting further treatment :heart: explain this to them when you next speak to them, I don’t think they mean to do it, they possibly don’t understand the orbits that you can go into while you’ve only got snippets of information from them :heart: keep :two_women_holding_hands:on here, we’re all here and everyone understands :heart::two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

1 Like

Darling girl what a horrid and frustrating place to be

Please call a close friend or family member and share this i am sure they will listen and hug you

Please telephone the nurses and your team and get an urgent update
We are all thinking of ypu, sending you blessings and joining you in a hot chocolate ( mine has leftover Baileys in it)

Whatever comes next you can face it, just need answers again…
Take care

2 Likes

Dear @happynipple,

Gosh what a shock for you. As others have said and from me too, do know the care and support of your pink sisters here. I’m a pray-er, so will do that too.
:heartpulse::bouquet:

2 Likes

My dear all,

Tomorrow is the day I will see the oncologist face-to-face. There isn’t enough diazepam to make me less worried. I have made a 4-page Word document, with complaints, concerns, and other comments plus questions.

• Why the contrast CT scan from August did not show any abnormality in my bowel?
• What does the PET-CT scan show?
• Does the cellular activity or whatever that appears in there, present any signs of malignancy or just a possible abnormality? It is related to BC? What size it is?
• What are your thoughts about the findings of the report?
• How many cases as this have you seen?
• I would like you to explain the report to me fully and thoroughly and a copy too.
• When am I going to have the tests? As you must know I have missed a colonoscopy appointment bcs of the negligence and failure to communicate to me the results.
• Why do I need to have to wait or do a FOI request to have tests that belong to me?

If any of you have a similar situation with possible colon mets or whatever it is, I would like to read about it.

Hope I can find something narcotic enough on Netflix or similar streaming platforms.

Thanks for your help and support a very crazy and anxious H.N

1 Like

Happy nipple :heart: you’ve done good list of questions ready for tomorrow’s appointment :heart: please do let us know how you get on :heart:we’re virtually here for you :two_women_holding_hands::heart::two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

1 Like

any news good or bad?
my husband is having a colonoscopy soon. He seems to be certain he’s dying of cancer. He thinks it might be prostate, stomach, or bowel. He’s 68, so am I.
seagulls

Hi Seagulls,

I’m really sorry for getting back to you late. I finally had my oncologist appointment on the 8th after many many cancellations. The news seems “reassuring”—the adenoma on my colon appears to have a very low chance of becoming malignant, and the lymph node is shrinking and reactive. The oncologist wants to do another PET CT just to keep an eye on things. I’m keeping my fingers crossed for your husband to get the best possible news! Please keep me posted
By the way, I am 55 and a Chrismast day born, baby Jesusa

Keep me informed. He still hasn’t got a diagnosis and is very anxious indeeed.

Seeeegulls