👩‍🦲 What to use on a bald head?!

Now most of my hair has gone, any suggestions for what to use to either wash my scalp and/or moisturise it?

At what point do I start using something specific to stimulate hair growth? (Only a couple of cycles in out of six - every three weeks - but want to be ready!)

Thanks as ever!

2 Likes

That’s an interesting question!

Personally I just used to jump in the shower and lather all over with a mild shower gel.. I didn’t moisturise or anything and my head always felt very smooth .

Once I’d finished my chemo I found my hair grew back very quickly , I didn’t take anything or use anything to encourage hair growth . This time last year I had short spikey hair yet was bald in the May.. I now have shoulder length hair .

Once it was growing back though I did use mild shampoos and non chemical hair dyes . Daniel Field specialises in products for hair growing back after chemo and they are really gentle for new hair

:star: Arty1 :star:

1 Like

Great information can be found on here and they can give you individual help.

https://www.cancerhaircare.co.uk/

Also great online support here.

Take care with your treatment.

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I used aloe Vera gel. Found it v soothing and lovely as I found the initial hair loss process made my scalp v tender.

Thanks everyone - some excellent advice, as always! Much appreciated x

Thanks for this; I’ve managed to book on a workshop for next week!

1 Like

I was told to treat it like an extension of my face, so I used a gentle foaming cleanser on it in the shower.

I’m still having chemo, but it’s started to grow back, so I’m now using a gentle baby shampoo when I wash it, otherwise, I’m just leaving it in peace

1 Like