where are you from

hi elginquine

i bloomin love it up in elgin…really wish i was still there,say hello to corrine for me,bc nurse.
im in borin stanton,suffolk

Started life 58 years ago in good old Liverpool, moved around a lot, Canada for awhile, now in Stockport, Cheshire (or Greater Manchester).

Would be up for a Liverpool/Manchester meet.

Good luck to us all.
xx

Worthing in West Sussex… would love to chat to anyone else local

Hi Grannyscouse theres loads of us on here …would love to meet up too xxxxx
Maz
Also anyone in and around Tamworth woul love to hear from ya xxx

JennyG…I am a Sussex Lady…East Sussex so not far…are you having treatment at Worthing or Brighton?

P xx

Hi Paula - I had my WLE at Worthing 2 weeks ago, but have to go to EastGrinsted in July for mastectomy and reconstruction. All a bit of a shock as I only found out yesterday

Hi Paula, Becks, Scarlett and Jenny

I am too a West Sussex lady. Jenny - I have only heard all good about Queen Victoria Hospital - they are a centre of excellence regarding plastic surgery. I had immediate recon using LD flap - and I am very pleased with it. Hoping once all my treatment is finished can have a nipple and tatoo doing.
Where did you all have your surgery.chemo and rads - my surgery was East Surrey Hospital - who were absolutely fab - chemo also East Surrey again absolutely fab and rads Guildford - again staff great - just the travelling was a pain.

Please take care, love
Anne x

Hi Jenny

Just to second what Anne said that Queen Victoria has an excellent reputation.

Anne- I am having chemo and then rads at Brighton. About 40mins from where I live so wont be looking forward to doing that one everyday for rads…!!

Anyway I see you have finished all treatment now, excellent how are you feeling?

Love P xxx

its good to hear that I will be in safe hands - thank you for that info!! everyone on here seems so brave - I am totally petrified…

I was petrified but can honestly say its not that bad…sorry not sure what you have been diagnosed with Jenny??

Hi

It definetly is more doable than I ever imagined.
The journey to Guildford used to take me between 45mins and an hour depending on the M25 (bloody hate that road now!). All in all I was gone 3 hours - a walk in the park compared to chemo - but just a pain because of the travelling and towards the end did feel very tired. (Did have 2 out of 30 sessions where 1 just made it in time, other 90 minutes late - due to accidents and roads being closed - so I suppose not bad - bit of pain when had to be back for 12md for pre-school pick-up - luckily some very good friends would take him home if I had not appeared on time - they were an absolute god send - if nothing else this dreadful BC has shown me who my friends really are)
I feel good thanks - just a bit overwhelmed that I actually made it this far but now what happens next? Seeing Onc Thurs - so hopefully he will help answer some questions.
Paula - how far are you into your chemo? I am still suffering chemo brain and last one was end of Feb!

Please take care, love

Anne x

I’d be up for a Liverpool meet up xx

Live near Lancaster, Lancs. Had isotope injection at Furness General (Barrow), surgery at Westmorland General (Kendal), breast clinic/BCN at Lancaster and going to have rads at Preston - talk about jet lag!!!

HI ladies
think I have responded to those who said wanted to meet up in Liverpool or surrounding.If I have missed someone please accept my apologies and let me know and I will sort it.
Hope to hear from you all
Mary
xx

bolton, lancs

Llanharry. South Wales

sutton coldfield - Birmingham

Thursby,Carlisle - Cumbria xxx

Dumfries in Southwest Scotland. Hi Pinkdove, could you be connected with the Services? Looks to me as tho’ you’ve been near RAF bases! My wee girl nurses in the RAF and is away just now but usually nurses in Peterborough.
Love and hugs to all.
Jacquie

PS and anyone from my original neck of the woods, Aberdeen, will recognise the “quine” bit!