Which Shampoo/Conditioner After Chemo??

Hi, finished chemo and hair coming back very slowly in fact it feels like it has stopped, can i ask what nioxin is? Also has anyone heard of taking Kelp tablets?

Anne x

hiya Nioxin is a hair/scalp therapy system - if you google it you will find loads of sellers - it’s quite pricey but I think my hair is coming back in quite good condition.

Ebay is also worth a look to see if there are any bargains going - sometimes you find it cheaper there but be careful to include postage charges !

LR xx

ive been using baby shampoo, and simple conditioner, which one of the ladies was saying about here. My hair seems to be doing ok. its still major short- and i can tell it’s going to be wayyyy curly. Still, im not complaining. Im just glad it’s coming back. Even if it is a bit grey in places…
eva

Hi Richo, I was wondering about Kelp tablets but I did look on a website of sellers of health tablets and it said that it alters the metabolism and as I already have underactive thyroid was not sure whether it was messing about with things I shouldn’t. Need to ask a medical person for this. Have heard it is good though, daughter uses and swears by it. Love the idea of silk pillow case, where do you find them?

hi guys,loving the idea of a silk pillowcase,i finshed chemo in feburary and my hair is growning ok, i use aussie and lush stuff,but think anything simple is good just all remember to condion the hair at least once or twice aweek. ps, ive been using a shampoo called lushious long hair shampoo,and it makes me smile every time

Hi
Sorry it’s taken me so long to reply, we sneaked away to the coast for a few days.

I got my first silk pillow case from the well know auction site beginning with e. Since then I treated myself to a better one from a site I found through google. You really get what you pay for, the more expensive of the two is a much better quality

Take Care

Andie

glad you are getting on well with your silk cases.
eva

Hi sorry for just butting in on here but i heard advocado oil massaged into the scalp and hair is good and quite often used by alopecia patients im only onto 3rd fec but going to try it … anything that helps xx julie

thanks for the tip, julie. all the best for your fec.
eva

Hi RECS, and everyone else,
I also have been using Nioxin products. I originally started using it a number of years ago when my hair went very thin. I must say my hair is growing quite well and I’m sure Nioxin has played a part. I’ve only used the shampoo since my hair fell out but as I didn’t lose every hair I continued to wash it every day in the shower.Nioxin creates a very good growing environment for the hair, so good luck and here’s to flowing locks!