Whole brain radiotherapy

hi there. I have had a somewhat hectic couple of weeks starting with headaches and losing the ability to read to turns out I had a secondary breast cancer brain tumour in left temporal lobe. I was whisked of to kings where I had the rumour removed. 12 days on and I’m feeling pretty good. Met with oncologist yesterday and my next treatment is  10 sessions if whole head radiotherapy and then maintenance herceptin for life.

I Just wondered if there any of you ladies out there that can shine a light on what to truly expect from the radiotherapy and if you have any tips for dealing with the side effects it brings it would be very much appreciated. Also to know how you are doing post treatment would be good. 

many thanks

Tracey 

Hi T3D, 

It sounds like you are going through a tough time and I am sure our users will be around to offer their support and share their experiences very soon. 

In the meantime please do call our helplineat 0808 800 6000 who will be able to talk to you about radiotherapy and offer a friendly ear. I have put the opening hours below.

Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm
Late opening Monday and Wednesday 5pm-7pm,
Saturday, 9am-1pm 

Best wishes, 

Lizzy