Wish I could sleep!

I received a diagnosis 10 days ago. Grade 2 IDC plus a 18mm papilloma that is borderline so they won’t know for sure if it is also cancerous until surgery. Waiting on a date for surgery. I am so tired though!!!
Can’t get a good nights sleep. I wake up several times a night and then once I am awake at sound 5 or 6am there is zero chance of me dropping off again because I can’t shut my brain off. If anyone has any advice or tips on how I can get some descent sleep I would be most grateful. Thanks x

1 Like

I was exactly the same , the early hours are a very lonely time and your mind goes to the worst places . It will get better the first few weeks are tough , once you have clear idea of what’s going on and can get on with treatment you will sleep easier .I was a total anxious wreck ,palpitations no sleep , the GP prescribed a short course of Valium , if things don’t improve you could maybe approach GP for a short course of sleeping pills . Magnesium spray is also something I found helped a bit further on , it can give you quite vivid dreams though .

2 Likes

I was exactly the same after my diagnosis in Nov 2023.
In desperation I got mirtazapine from my GP. It really helps with the lack of sleep. It took me a full month for the day time “hangover” to resolve, but now find it really helpful with minimal side effects.

1 Like

Honestly I’m the same. I’ve been reading whenever I wake up. I find it helps to immerse myself into a book that has nothing to do with the big C so that my brain can focus on something else. I wish you all the best and a decent nights sleep :heart::heart:

2 Likes

I purchased the Calm app back in February 23 when I was diagnosed and have used it many times on and off over the year whenever I have a spell of insomnia. The sleepstories and soundscapes really help me to still my racing mind. Hope you find some relief, the waiting for a plan is torture xx

2 Likes