Worried about hotspot on bone scan

My mum has recently had a bone scan and her consultant has said she needs an mri to look better at the pelvis area, she was recently diagnosed with stage 2 breast cancer and has had her first chemo session , she has had the blood test, all clear , the ct scan which was also all clear , she’s had two attempts at the mri but is so claustrophobic we are now going to try the open mri , mum is so worried x please any replies xxx

Hi Rbfaith

I’m sorry to read of yours Mum’s diagnosis.  Whilst you are waiting for the other users to reply with their knowledge and experience you might find it helpful to give the BCC helpline a call on 0808 800 6000. Here you can talk through any concerns and thoughts you may have with a member of staff who will offer you a listening ear as well as emotional support and practical information.  Lines are open weekdays 9 to 5pm and Saturday 10 to 2pm.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Hi RBfaith how are you doing? Sorry to hear about you and your Mum having a hard time. My mum was diagnosed last Feb so if I can help in any way then please let me know. It is a very difficult time and really quite scary.
My mum has now finished her treatment so we are a little bit further along the line, although Mum had grade 3 cancer the processes of the investigations etc sound pretty familiar. Great news that everything has been all clear so far that must be some positivity in amongst the worry. All the very best to you and your Mum, let me know if I can offer any support xx