worried and in need of some advice scan results tomorrow :(

Hi everyone hope you are all well. My mum has been on capecitabione for the last nine weeks with a week break after every two weeks. She gets the results tomorrow following a CT scan and I’m absolutely petrified. I’m so scared and worried. I need to be strong for her but I’m not sure what to expect at all. For those of you who have been on this chemo did you see any results after the first nine weeks. Also my mum has a swollen arm due to lmphodema. It doesn’t seem to be getting better, i was under the impression that chemo would help this issue to. I hope I’m making sense I have loads of questions to ask and hope someone can make me panic a little less then I already am.

Sorry I can’t help with this - bumping it up in case someone else can. finty xx

Hi, not sure if this helps but I’ve been on Capecitabine tablets, continuously, a 3 weekly cycle, since Spring 2008. It took a couple of months before things really started to happen.
Best Wishes to you and your Mum…xx

Other options exist for chemo, I know it’s hard not to worry but try to be positive.

Thank you for all your comments I’m trying my best to be positive but its just one of them things u never know what to expect and that horrible gut feeling. I just hope today brings some positive news

Hi bm,

Can’t help with the chemo because I’ve not had it before. But I’ve got lymphodema. Your mum will need to see a lymphodema nurse (ask oncologist or breast care nurse about it) and she’ll be given a compression sleeve and some exercise / message to do which will help. Let me know if you want more info on that. Take care and hope the scan results are good.

xx