Worried

Hello there every one, I am awaiting results after having a stereo core bx for breast calcifications, I have a routine mammogram every year due to my twin sister dying of breast cancer at the age of 39. I had the recall after the mammogram saying that they had compared my mamo from last year and the calcifications were not on my last mammo, they are clustered in my breast duct on right breast, all the memories from losing my twin sister came rushing back, but at the moment in limbo awaiting the test results, I hope that you ladies will be able to give me some information, thank you so much, xxx

Hi mardijane, welcome to the BCC forums

I am sorry that you have this worry and am sure your fellow users will be along soon with support and information for you, in addition you may find it helpful to call our helpline which opens 9-5 during the week and 10-2 Saturdays on 0808 800 6000.

You may find the BCC publication about breast calcifications useful and you can read it via the following link:

http://www2.breastcancercare.org.uk/publications/benign-breast-conditions/breast-calcifications-bcc77

Take care

Lucy

Mardijane. Big hugs for you, both for losing your sister and for being in this horrible ‘waiting room’.

Everyone on here will tell you that the waiting is the worst part. Even if the results are not what you want to hear, you will immediately be given a plan of action, so you know what to do to deal with it - and things are never as bad as the worse-case senarios we run in our heads!!

You are lucky that you have the annual mammo - because the sooner BC is picked up the better chance they have of getting rid of it completely.

You don’t say how long ago it was that your sister had it, but remember treatments (and therefore survival rates!!) are improving all the time so, even if your diagnosis is the same, (though it coluld be be something completely benign) it doesn’tmean the same things will happen to you.

You’ll find lots of support and friendship on here. We all know how horrible the initial waiting is and are with you in spirit.

Don’t forget to post your results so we can celebrate with you - or help you through the roller coaster ride of treatment!!
Chris x

Well I’m still waiting, jcj thank you so much for you lovely comment, it will be three years in September when I lost my twin sister,
Prang the breast nurses today as still not heard back off them, she said that they did not discuss my case at the meeting as my results were still not back, they were just checking them to be sure were her actuall words, so now got to wait another week for results to come back and for them to discuss them, then I might get an answer, has anyone else ever had this happen to them, I’m really quite stressed, worried, I’m not sleeping or eating properly because of thestress of it all, xxxxx