worst week ever!

Hi
I am new to this forum, so here goes. I just want to let off steam really!

I am from the UK, but moved to Canada 7 years ago. I have had a history of breast cysts and twice had them aspirated. Since we moved here I had only had one screening mammogram, and was well overdue for one when I discovered a “new” smooth lump early September. I was about to go away for 2 week vacation so thought oh bum another cyst, I must book that mammogram when we get back and get it checked out.
The first news I got on our return was that my sweet sister in law in the UK had been diagnosed with breast ca. She has had a surgery and starts chemo next week!

So I booked my mammo, and they said they’d do an U/S as I was reporting a lump. So I had this last Thursday, and the radiographer went and fetched the doctor, who decided to take a core biopsy and they could do it right away. At least I didn’t have to wait for that!! I have appt with my GP tomorrow to get the results. I gather it was a complex cyst, but I was afraid to ask the radiologist for an opinion!

I do hope it will be good news, as this has been a terrible week! My husband was in a car accident -luckily only mild whiplash, but car is a write-off! Yesterday I had a haematologist appt and have been diagnosed with a myeloproliferative bone marrow disorder. And then poor husband comes home to tell me he’s been fired!
I don’t mean to whine. I know there are people worse off than me.
I am just not sure I can handle any more bad news! Thanks for “listening”

Hello Morwenna

Welcome to the forums, this must be a very worrying time for you but you have come to the right place for support from our experienced users who I’m sure will be along to support you soon.

With best wishes

June, moderator

Wow - that is a bad week!
Hope you get some good news tomorrow - do let us know please.

Thanks
The bone marrow thing, while concerning as it is strictly speaking a form of cancer, is very slow moving.
It may never cause symptoms, and just needs to be monitored. If it does cause symptoms they are controllable, so I’m not going to worry about that! (she says firmly)

you poor thing…what a bl**dy awful time…you keep venting…keep posting and let us know how you go on…

Just got results. Not the best news.
DCIS with papillary architecture and a 0.1cm focus suspicious for invasion.
Seems like you may be hearing more from me once i get my breath back…

Hey Morwenna,
dont apologise for complaining, after the week you’ve had, you are entitled to a little winge (even a big one) all the best for your diagnosies and treatment, we are all rooting for you here xxx

Agreed that it isn’t the best news…BUT could have been a lot worse. Take a deep breath, and then let it out, and remember to keep breathing. I’ve got my 6 month check up tomorrow. Hope to be able to post up a good result from that as I am going to be asking about reconstruction. Do please keep us updated with your progress.
How is your husband doing?

welcome Morwenna - sorry you find yourself here, but please do use us to “talk to” - what a horrendous time for you both… I am a year post end of treatment… it’s not much fun, but it IS do-able, especially with support from the fab ladies on here… as ST says, keep us posted… and how’s your Other Half doing?
Jane

Well, he is a bit stunned too, poor old love.
But actually he is not too shocked by the job thing. He says he never liked working there in the first place! And if you’re going to he looking for work in retail then November is far better than January, when nobody is hiring!
In the meantime, from my point of view, it will be lovely that he will be around to help me through this!
I have every hope that the cancer will be removable with a lumpectomy, with or without subsequent chemo/rad therapy.
Now I have Monty P’s “Always look on the Bright Side of Life!” stuck in my head for the rest of the morning!!