Xeloda and bone recurrence

Hi everybody, I like to ear some opinion.

I had ribociclib and letrozole for a year and half. Worked really well on my bones, but eventually i had a recurrence on liver and sternum.

I’m on capecitabine now. It is working on my liver and sternum, but my bones metastasis are back active.

Have somebody experienced the same? What is going to be next? My appointment is in a week…i’m so scared…

Do you know anybody that lived long time even after 2 recurrence in only 2 years? I wish everything was good…

Hello, I’m so sorry to hear that you are having a stressful time of it. As difficult as it is please try and take your mind off of the what ifs. I’m sure your team have a plan. I signed up to cancer mindfulness course and that taught me techniques to take my mind off things and helped me to sleep. Things like you put your thoughts on a train and then the train leaves the station. I also started doing a full body scan a few times a week. https://on.soundcloud.com/6Hr4RjkuKJamnFwM9
For treatment lines, this is quite helpful, but you are best just waiting to hear what the oncologist says. I know it is difficult. Treatment Lines – METUPUK
Do you know if you might be HER2 low or have the BRACA gene? Sometimes that opens up more treatment options? Have you had chemo yet? Some people find that can blast the chemo? I had EC chemo and that was good for me. However your team knows best. Perhaps a call to the BCN nurses might also help.

I’m going to check out all the links!
I’m on xeloda but never had a chemo infusion.
I have no mutations at all, so I also have limited treatment options unfortunately…
I have a visit today and one tomorrow so i can have 2 opinions.
Thank you very much for answering, and for the links!

1 Like

Let us know how you get on.x

1 Like