Xeloda dosage

Hi everybody
I was wondering at what Xeloda dosage and regiment you are.
I’m 14/7 cycle, with 2500 mg for m², so in all 3500 mg a day.
I recently read that a 7/7 cycle or a dosage reduction is just as effective with less side effects. But my onco won’t consider it. It didn’t even listen actually…so I’m just checking out here for experiences!
Thank you and best wishes

Hi @Amel

I am sorry you haven’t had a response to your question. I am sorry to hear what you’re going through, and that you’re feeling frustrated.

I am sure someone will be able to share their experience with you. In the meantime please know that our nurses are here for you any time, here on the forum on the Ask our Nurses your questions or over the phone 0808 800 6000.

Sending our love,

Alice :heart:

1 Like

Hi
I’m on 14/7 as well, started on 5300mg a day for first cycle, reduced by 20% to 4300mg for second cycles, much better in terms of side effects, hope it is working!
I have also read some research that 7/7 works as well as 14/7 and is easier for patients- will ask tomorrow.
How are you finding capecitabine?
Kinden

1 Like

Hi, thank you for answering.
I’m overall ok with it, with some hand foot syndrom, some light nausea, and a little bit of sporadic depression…but that may be due to my situation. Also a little bit of imsomnia and dhyarrea, but nothing too severe. I’m curious about the 7/7 regiment, so if they will aswer you please update me!
I’m glad you were able to find the right dosage for you, I think after my PET scan if everything is ok, I ask a small reduction as well.
Best wishes! Keep in touch!

Hi,
I did ask about the 7/7 regime. He said that because the research is still new, it is not an NHS protocol so he couldn’t prescribe it in that way, although he had read that it is as effective as 14/7 and easier to tolerate in terms of side effects.
My scan last week showed shrinkage, delighted with that, and so I am happy to stay on 14/7 and suck up the HFS.

Merry Christmas to you and yours
Kinden

1 Like

Ok than, thank you very much for answering…So it is not the protocol in Italy either, I’m sure.
We will wait to see if may be an option in the future.
I’m so glad Cape is working for you! Give me much hope to see so many people dealing well with it, as well having sucess!
I meet people on “breastcancer.org” that are on Xeloda for more than 6 years, and doing ok.
So congratulations for your good results, I’m happy!!
And best Christmas wishes to you and yours as well!