Xgeva (denosumab) and low White blood count

I’ve had 4 monthly injections and had a blood test last week. Results back now and my White Blood cell count is low at 2.8 when it was twice that at last reading in July. Can Xgeva cause white blood count to be low?
I also had Stereotactic Radiothereapy in December and January.

Dear Raintday,

So sorry to read you are feeling anxious about your blood test results. I am not medically trained to give advice, but I’ll tell you a little bit about myself with the hope it may help you I have the same problem, low white blood cells 2.8 at even lower at times which I have had for many year my GP is keep a close eye on me, and I have blood tests every 6 months

I have had breast cancer twice, mastectomy the first time with medication, lumpectomy 2nd time followed by radiotherapy, however I don’t feel my blood count has anything to do with my cancer or surgery I do get very tired at time which can be worrying, however you are on medication could this be the cause ? I think you need to have a conversation with your breast cancer team.

Wishing you, well going forward with your treatment, fingers crossed for an excellent outcome.

Hugs Tili :rainbow::pray::rainbow::pray:

1 Like