Yeadon, Leeds Area

Hi, I’m wondering if anyone knows of a meet up group for women with Breast cancer around the LS19 and LS20 area? (West Yorkshire)
Like Leeds, Yeadon, Ilkley, Otley. Any place round there?
Ive tried googleing but cant find any.
Just thought it would be nice to find a group to meet in person.

Hi I wonder if the Maggies centre at St James hospital would be a good start - I’m further away in Kirklees but I know people who have attended classes there and found it really supportive.

Hey
Have you tried searching on Facebook? That’s how I found a group that I go to x

Hi, Yorkshire against cancer have fitness sessions in Harrogate at Hornbeam Park. They are a 12 week course and afterwards there is a gym you can use. They are good fun.

1 Like

I found this group but don’t know if they are still active but there is a group in Bradford which is listed on the Macmillan website.

Yeadon Get It Off Your Chest breast cancer group
Wharfedale View Sheltered Housing Complex Yeadon Leeds, LS19 7NX
getitoffyourchest3@outlook.com
Breast cancer warriors and survivors, ever felt the need to get it off your chest!
Would you like to talk and share experiences, thoughts and ideas with others with similar experiences?
Would you find it helpful to meet up and chat, learn more about how to live well and beyond your diagnosis and treatment?
Meeting in the Sheltered Housing Complex at Wharfedale View, Yeadon from 11 am - 1pm
27 June 2023
25 July 2023
Supported by Leeds Cancer Programme and Macmillan Cancer Support

Thanks for everyones ideas, I’ll have look into them and see what I can find.