‘Young’ thrivers?

Hi
I was told there are young women with MBC but I’m yet to find any….

I’m 33 I have a little boy and was diagnosed in June 2023 with TN MBC. I have been on immunotherapy and chemotherapy for three months now.

:sparkles::mushroom::cupcake:

3 Likes

Beastie :heart: do reach out to metupuk :heart:as well as on here, do ring the number on here too they can guide you and also your local MacMillan should know of others nearby you can reach out too also :heart: and everyone here :two_women_holding_hands::heart::two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

1 Like

Hi @Shi :heart:

What is metupuk? I’m in touch with local groups but generally the ladies are all much much older. Thanks so much for the reply :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

2 Likes

Metupuk are secondary bc Thrivers do Google it and reach out to them :heart: the dearly loved feelthefear from bcn forum did so much for metupuk she was inspirational as are a lot of them who are part of metupuk have a look and do reach out to them there are age ranges across the spectrum there as there are on here, do please also call the number on here, there are younger women events that bcn can signpost you too :heart::two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

2 Likes

Hi, please get in contact with the Younger Breast Cancer Network (YBCN) for women dx’d who are under 45. Can be found on X and on Facebook and insta: @ybcn_uk

They have a main group for newly diagnosed, various sub-groups for different areas of the UK, a secondaries group and a research group. They are AMAZING and you will find lots of support and other people who get it. You’re not alone XX

3 Likes

Lorraine-1_1 :heart: thank you for sharing this with forum for younger women :heart: :two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

2 Likes

Hello,

I was 39 when I was diagnosed in December 2020. My children were 2 and 6 years old and I was diagnosed de novo with no family history. I’ve been on the BCN young persons retreat and we’ve stayed in touch since then. Younger Women with Secondaries Together | Breast Cancer Now
There are also online sessions.
If you ever need to ask anything then this forum is here for you.
Whereabouts do you live? I’m in Reading and go to the monthly meet-ups at Future Dreams House, organised by Make 2nds Count. Quite a lot of us are under 45 there.

2 Likes

:heart:tibblek thank you for sharing with forum for younger women :heart::two_hearts::two_hearts::sparkles::sparkles:Shi xx

Hi @tibblek I’m based in Essex

1 Like

Kings Cross is where Future Dreams House is so that might not be too difficult to get to.

I come from Upminster, but I know Essex is a big place.

1 Like

@tibblek I’m from Southend so the other end of Essex

1 Like