Your thoughts please: Ideas for secondary breast cancer symbol

Mrsblue, sending you and your family all my love and hugs…i will also need bleeping…hate this **bleep** awful disease!!!
hugs Janette x x x x

I am very sorry to hear this Mrs blue . My thoughts and prayers are with you .
You were one of the First Ladies to offer support when I was first diagnosed back in jan 2014 . X

Definitely number 1 for me as well. I will never buy it though. I just hate pink with a vengeance. 

I just saw the original post from Nicole_BCC, and I like the SCAN TREAT REPEAT slogan. 

It would be nice as part of a secondary logo. 

Dear All

Further to Anna’s post about the creation of a new pin dedicated to those affected by secondary breast cancer I’m hoping you will have a moment to respond to a quick survey.

There are 5 possible designs but we want the final choice to be made by people with secondary breast cancer – if you click on this link: surveymonkey.com/s/DFNSQCL you can choose your favourite.

The poll closes at midday on Thursday 7 May and we will then order stock of the design that receives the most votes. They will be available to purchase via our online shop for £1 from mid-June. Any profit from the sale of these badges will help to support people living with secondary breast cancer.

Best wishes

Emma Nye

Website Manager

Hey 2cat lady, I’ve voted! Have you? R x

done no 1 for me too xxx

Number 1 for me

So pleased that the views of ladies with SBC have now been recognised and listened to. Thank you.
Have voted and looking forward to pin being available.
Thinking of Mrs Blue as I voted.
Love to all xxxx

Number 1 for me too. So glad I found this thread (my fault for not keeping up with the forum). We called ourselves the Cinderellas all those years ago - such a shame so little has changed!
Mrs Blue - so sorry to hear your news, you are in my thoughts. May your candle burn on
Love blondie

And me! (Big thanks ladies for kind words -and to BCC for listening)

Just bumping in case anyone hasnt seen this yet.

Dear All

Further to Anna’s post about the creation of a new pin dedicated to those affected by secondary breast cancer I’m hoping you will have a moment to respond to a quick survey.

There are 5 possible designs but we want the final choice to be made by people with secondary breast cancer – if you click on this link: surveymonkey.com/s/DFNSQCL you can choose your favourite.

The poll closes at midday on Thursday 7 May and we will then order stock of the design that receives the most votes. They will be available to purchase via our online shop for £1 from mid-June. Any profit from the sale of these badges will help to support people living with secondary breast cancer.

Best wishes

Emma Nye

Website Manager

I would like to pre-order 50 -yes, fifty! -pins…

my plan is to pay upfront for the benefit of BCC after all what else can I spend my state pension on ? ! then to give them to 50 ladies. if they want to donate to BCC they will get the money twice -every little helps to raise awareness of secondary breast cancer .

good posts folks - and Hi Dawn, been thinking of you waves hand not blIsted anymore no I’m off chemo .

there must be some smiles on bcc faces in the marketing department when they check the thread a saying about ‘hot cakes’ comes to mind. new sbc pins will sell like hot cakes I mean!

I hope to be home maybe wednesday ?

Hi Chocolates,

I’ve passed on your query.

Very best wishes

Janet

BCC Moderator

Dear All

Thank you for all your questions and enthusiasm.  I do not have specific answers for you at the moment, but I have made a note of all the questions and will be talking to all the relevant people.  I will respond to you soon.

Best wishes

Anna

Forum Coordinator

Dear Everyone

Again, thank you for participating in this survey and choosing the pin to represent secondary breast cancer.

Firstly the very good news – the pin will be in the shop and on sale MONDAY 1<sup>st</sup> JUNE! Two weeks ahead of schedule. Watch this space as on Monday I will be posting a link for everyone to see and you can start ordering straight away. You can purchase many other items through our online shop www.breastcancercare.org.uk/shop . As an exclusive for all of you here on the forum, we are really happy, in the short term, to send the Secondary Breast Cancer pins in packs of 25 (max 2 packs per request) on a sale or return basis. These can be ordered by emailing Fiona.vitti@breastcancercare.org.uk including your name, postal address and the amount. Once they have all been sold the money can then be paid in online at www.breastcancercare.org.uk/payin .

I would like to now try and address the questions some of you have posted below.

Q.  Will there be a leaflet to go with the pin?
A.  Each pin will be on a dedicated backing card (see pic below). There is a link on the card encouraging buyers to visit the website for more information about secondary breast cancer.

SBC pin backing card.png

Q.  What about a personalised card to go with the pin?
A.  The backing card will give some information and will signpost people to where more information can be found. There are blank notelet cards which can be purchased from our online store which can be used for people to individualise any message they wish. Additionally, the pins can be purchased with favour packs which are designed for different occasions and come with place-cards to which again individualised messages can be added.  These can be ordered online www.breastcancercare.org.uk/shop or by phone 0345 092 0821. We will also be including the new pin in the next issue of our catalogue.

Q.  Will the money raised be used for secondary services?
A.  The profit margin is incredibly small, each pin will profit a net profit of 26p. But, any profit which is made on the sale of these pins will go towards supporting people with a secondary diagnosis.

Q.  Will there be a poster to go with the launch of the pin?
A.  It is not usual practice to produce posters to advertise merchandise, but this is something we are discussing as a possibility.

Q.  Will there be a press release?
A.  Working with the mainstream media is never straightforward. We can approach them with a story but have no control whether it will be used. This is not something we can guarantee.

Q.  A flat packed box to go with large purchases of pins.
A.  We have a generic Breast Cancer Care pin badge sales box which we can provide if specifically requested. These cost £4 each to produce and would eat into an already small profit margin, but again, these can be supplied if requested. (please see image below).

Badge Box.jpg 

Q.  Asking Sheridan Smith to launch the pin.
A.  A wonderful idea but unfortunately not possible. Sheridan is an ambassador for Coppafeel, a sister breast cancer charity who worked closely with Sheridan when they filmed The C Word, so it would not be appropriate to ask her.

We will be advertising the new pin using our social media channels and there will be a small mention in the July edition of VITA, because of tight deadlines. But in the next edition we hope to make a bigger splash. We will include information about the new dedicated pin in various emails, including our Nursing Network, particularly all those who are members of the secondary forum, nurses who are dedicated to working with patients who have secondary breast cancer.

Best wishes

Anna

Digital Community Officer

Just a quick update.  I am waiting on the last techy bits to be done so that I can post a link to the pin.

Best wishes
Anna

Hi Everyone

Drum roll please…

The pins are now available for ordering.  Below are 2 links, one will take you to the pin itself and we have also incorporated it into our Occasion Favours to be purchased as part of a pack, to commemorate or celebrate an occasion.

Occasion favours

Secondary Pin

I look forward to seeing all the sales tot up and we will be promoting this on an ongoing basis.

Best wishes
Anna