cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Words of wisdom needed please

2 REPLIES 2
missie1986

Re: Words of wisdom needed please

I definitely find myself looking at my breast a lot .. yeah I’ll talk to the relavant person on Friday, I’m hoping after I’ve had my first treatment my anxiety will go a little as it’s the first one over and done with you no. I’m trying very very hard to stay positive . Thank you kindly for the message x 

Jaybro

Re: Words of wisdom needed please

Me again, Missie. I hope you don’t mind my saying that you made me smile. I didn’t have a lump, just two small pale bumps on my nipple that weren’t there before. I kept looking in my bra, glaring at them balefully to will them away. It didn’t work but I look back and laugh now. Then it all began - from a clear mammogram in February (huh! Someone missed something very important) to two tumours and much more in September. Prodding and poking, looking and wishing aren’t going to change a thing and add to our anxiety but it’s well nigh impossible to stop it. I think I was lucky to have the surgery first, to be honest, but I can see advantages to having it the other way round. Meantime, why not ring your GP and ask if they can help you manage Friday better. Good luck x

missie1986

Words of wisdom needed please

I posted earlier today but no ones replied yet. I’m a massive worrier I always have been and my chemo starts this Friday coming and my anxiety stress etc etc is getting worse by the day. I also find myself touching and feeling my breast a lot . Almost like maybe I’ll touch it and it will be gone or the lump will be smaller. Please say I’m not the only one that thinks and does this.