Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Concerns re a member

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Re: Concerns re a member

Hi Kaggy 

Thank you for your kind words. No I won’t stop posting, I have a lot of love and respect for the forum, and I do like to post my own experience.

Im on the next leg of my journey, reconstruction. 
I wish you all love, happiness and long health. 
Merry Christmas 

Highlighted

Hi Monica

I wanted to echo the ‘I hope you won’t stop posting’ sentiment. And am glad to read your post that you won’t. The fact that you received less than welcome comments on a PM speaks volumes about this person. Health and happiness to you x

Highlighted

Thank you Bernard 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi everyone

We wanted to update you on this.

We have had to ban a user who was using the Forum in a way that wasn't always appropriate.

We have also deleted some exchanges between members that weren't in the spirit of helpfulness and collaboration that we encourage in this space.

Our Forum is a place where people come to give and receive support, to connect with people living a similar experience, and to find comfort. We value our users' safety above all else.

We ask people posting on this Forum to be respectful and considerate, to use the private message function sensitively, and most importantly to be kind to each other.

Our team is here to help. Together we can maintain this Forum a safe and welcoming space for all.

Bernard

Highlighted

Thank you aurore2000. Your support is really appreciated.  I won’t stop posting, I had a lovely chat with another member, who highlighted I should continue to post. 
I was discharged in July, I continue to post to share my own experiences re treatments and complementary therapy and supplements. 

Highlighted

Hi MOnica 

I hope you will not stop posting as people like us can benefit from your input ! 

Thanks 

Aurore 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi monicanatura

Thank you for your message and for bringing this to our attention.

I just wanted to reply so that you know we've seen your concerns and that they are being listened to.

Bernard and our team are currently looking into this and will get back to you shortly.

Thank you and best wishes, 

Saskia

Highlighted

Dear Bernard

Hope you are well, I just want to update you regarding the member I and others have made complaints about. He not she, which I naturally assumed was a she is mis informing the members with their quotes and comments.

I understand if you welcome everyone who are  supporting us through treatments, however not to the detriment of the members. He has caused nothing but confusion and issues with some of us, even to the point where he has been investigated by members.

If you choose to continue in allowing him to post inappropriate information, I will no longer post on here.

Its a shame, because I have enjoyed posting and reading others posts. My background is within the natural health industry, and I like to post relevant researched studies, and my own experience of supplements and nutrition whilst undergoing treatments. 

Regards 

Highlighted

Thank you Saskia for replying to my concerns. 
I feel the issue has now been addressed, and the member I referred to now understands, where we were coming from. 
I will continue to frequent the forum, and as a Nutritional therapist\Medical Herbalist, I will monitor her posts, and report any inappropriate content. 
Thank you again 

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hi monicanatura,

I can confirm that we have now looked at the issue that was reported. I apologise it took us some time.

We want to be open and transparent about how our team moderates this Forum.

Our team is here to ensure a safe environment for our Forum users - an environment that is supportive and understanding, and one where people can come if they feel like they need a boost, or if they wish to support others going through a tough time.

We have guidelines in place that allow us to step in and remove posts that are spam, abusive or otherwise unpleasant to Forum users. We can also pre-moderate posts from certain users, so that they require approval before they are posted on the Forum. This is what we did in this case.

To everyone using our Forum to seek support, you are welcome here. To everyone coming here to offer support to others, thank you. We couldn't do our work without you.

Sending our warmest wishes

Bernard

Highlighted

Concerns re a member

Hi All

Hope you are all well, I am writing because I have concerns re a member of the forum, who posts on the complementary therapy section. 
The member has not been diagnosed with BC, however feels the need to post advice re Nutrition, they have taken it upon themselves to be the therapist in this section.

I have exchanged words with this member, and I have reported them for advising inappropriately. Other members have also reported the member, however for one reason, or another, the moderators have done nothing, 

Please be mindful of this member giving advice, they have said they are a Nutritional therapist, which I don’t believe, as the advice they give is wrong. 
I come on here from time to time, I had BC, Iv been discharged now, however every so often I like to pop in, to read the posts, and share my own experiences if relevant. 
Due to the aggressive behaviour of the member in question, I feel I can no longer come on here, which I think is wrong. I believe this forum is for women and men, who have gone through or going through treatments, not for opportunists, trying to make money.