328258posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Teva brand Tamoxifen

22 REPLIES 22

Re: Teva brand Tamoxifen

Oh well I've just been given the Teva brand after being on the Wockhardt brand for months so will be interesting to see if I feel diferent. At the moment I am very stiff and sore in my joints at times also my hair is thinner and not in good condition .maybe the teva brand will be better for me
Community Champion

Teva is fab on it now for 6 months and no side effects woo hoo xxxxx

Yay Poppy!!! 

So so pleased to hear this. Btw the Boots in my town were no help either it was a local independent pharmacy who I found most helpful.  

Good luck on your future searches. 

xx

Hello Ladies. I can't tell you how much your support has meant to me over the last few days. Hallelujah following what must be 20 phone calls I have found some. Not my first choice but my second. I was nearly crying with relief when the chemist said she had some, she must have thought I was mad!! I am hoping when I pick them up we can have a chat and when she sees how desperate I am she will help. I really don't want this every couple of months.

I was very close to jumping on the train to visit you all to find these friendly Boots you keep talking about because there certainly isn't any here. I now have a bit of breathing space to try and get my next lot lined up.

Lots of love and thanks to you all...xx

Hi Poppy,

Last time I couldn't get Teva brand, I contacted the Teva patient helpline (0800 590 502) to find out if the was a shortage. They said that the UK supplies had dried up and that they were expecting a shipment in late September. They were really helpful, so perhaps you could contact them and find out if there is a local supplier near you? Might be worth a try. The first person I spoke to at Boots was pretty unhelpful, so I asked to speak to the head pharmacologist and that's when I got the note on my file. Good luck and let us know how you get on. Ann X X 

Hi Poppy3, 

It is so great to see the support being offered on this thread. 

In the meantime if you would like any further information or support you can call our helpline at 0808 800 6000 who can talk to you about prescriptions.

Best wishes, 

Lizzy 

Digital Community Assistant

Community Champion

You are most definitely not imaging it Poppy!!Stick to your guns and try and get what suits you .Sure there is info on this website about different brands affecting people differently ,not anecdotal stuff ,info from BCC.

Hello Ladies. Oh I wish my BC nurse could read this. I did feel stupid after our phone call, like I shouldn't have bothered her. Everything with BC seems to be a battle and it can be very lonely like no-one cares. I try to stay positive but it can be difficult at times. Getting your prescription every two months should be the easy part! Some days I just feel fed up with it all.

I did try Boots but it was a larger store, but they didn't help at all. I have found a couple of smaller ones so this Saturday guess what I will be doing!

I will let you know how I get on and thanks for all your advice. Just glad I'm not going mad on top of everything else! lol....xx

Poppy 

This makes me so angry!

I'd been on Teva for 10 months with hot flushes a bit of joint pain and cramping, but all manageable. then randomly was given Wockhardt.  Within 5/6 days I felt really off! Fortunately my GP was very sympathetic and gave me another prescription so I could try and get Teva again. I rang round many local pharmacies and managed eventually to get Teva fortunately. My conversations with the many pharmacists were varied to say the least, Some very supportive and some less so telling me that there was no difference in the brands. My lovely local pharmacy printed me out some info that showed the me the active ingredients are, as you might guess exactly the same but the excipients vary from brand to brand. Yay!!!! I'm not being neurotic!!! And indeed on another thread on here ( can't seem to find it right now) someone has posted a link to some research that agrees with our findings.

Long post sorry, but confidence has taken enough of a battering through this lovely disease that continues to give! Without being told its all in the mind. It seems patient experience counts  for nothing. 

Persevere ladies and hopefully you can find a sympathetic pharmacist who is willing to order in your preferred brand. 

xx Wendy

Hi Poppy,

I went to Boots and they put on my " file" that my preferred brand was Teva. When I'm due a repeat prescription, I pop in past and they order it for me. However, a couple of months ago, there was no Teva to be had (not in my area) so I tried Mylan brand. This brand seems to be suiting me better than the Teva did. As for BCN's saying tamoxifen is tamoxifen, I wonder if they'd be so flippant if they had to take the stuff!! 😡😡😡 X 

Community Champion

Go to another GP in the practice and ask , did you try Boots?Go in and say other women have said Boots pharmacists are really helpful re getting different brands.

Thanks Jill for your reply. Still at a loss really. Contacted lots of chemists with no luck. They did say if the doctor adds it to the prescription they can order it. So, saw the doctor who didn't recognise Relonchem as a brand and said there was nothing he could do. Told me to speak to my BC nurse. I did this today, she didn't know why the doctor had told me to contact her. She said she had never heard of side effects with different brands...tamoxifen is tamoxifen. I said you only have to look at this website to see that is not the case. I thought to myself if she doesn't understand I've got no chance. So feeling let down and disappointed. This is hard enough as it is without this added stress. If you find a tablet that suits you, why can't you stick to it. Back to square one....xxx

Community Champion

I've had so many different makes of Tamoxifen I can't keep up! I've had Mylan a couple of times and even some that had no make on them, I do ache more some months than others but I've not been keeping tabs on which ones, I think I might start and hopefully see a pattern X 

Community Champion

Poppy it's worth speaking to the pharmacist at your local Boots I have found them very helpful re getting specific brands and I know others have found the same.It may because they get judged on customer feedback but whatever the reason I have found they are really helpful and understanding.What a load of rubbish side effects "in your head",with so many women noticing the difference with different brands how can they say that!!

Hello Ladies

I have just had a rant about this on another thread. I had taken the same brand relonchem for 12 months then the chemist didn't have it and asked me to try Gemini I agreed I would although I wasn't happy. I then went on Monday and they do not stock Gemini now and wanted me to try another one! I explained I wanted to stick to the same one and was told I could try other chemists (like I have the energy) and not to worry too much about side effects as sometimes they are in your head! Not happy and still trying to find Relonchem...good job I leave plenty of time to get them. Do they not realise how important this is to us and we don't want the extra worry every two months. Sorry rant over...xx

Community Champion

Yes ,I had rads at Preston.Seems like quite a good place to go, the only one with free hot chocolate anyway !!!I got addicted to my daily teacake was my reward for going!!

Thanks Jill. This has reassured me alot.  I have my planning appt at RPH in a couple of weeks and noticed you went there too.  Feel on the home straight now. 

Community Champion

Hope you get on ok with it Ros.I found that side effects seemed to settle after a couple of months ,but nothing dramatic with this brand just the odd hot flush ,minor joint pain(not all the time) and some thinning of hair.

Thank you for posting this Dee.  I am due to start Tamoxifen this Friday and just checked the packet and it is Teva so fingers crossed. It has made me feel not so anxious about starting it now.

Community Champion

Good luck Jackie ,apart from thinning hair and some mild joint pain it has been kind to me so far. Boots the chemist have been helpful in ordering specific brands.I take it at night not sure whether that helps with tiredness or not.

Hi, just came across this thread whilst researching brands of Tamoxifen. Am now 4 years into a 10 year stint of taking it and have experienced various problems with some brands. Wockhardt made me come out in a rash and MAHolder gave me terrible itching below. Similar happened using Relon Chem!!! It seems I get tiredness and cramping whatever brand I used

I have now reached the point of sourcing a small independent pharmacy who are very happy to order in particular brands for me. So...... Based on the positive comments I have read about Teva, I am going to try that for the first time ever! I am hoping that like many of you it will be kind to me and allow me to get back to the life I had before the dreaded BIG C took over. 

Watch this space !!!

Community Champion

Just got me first prescription from hospital pharmacy and it is Teva brand ,that's good I will take box to my local pharmacist and ask him to look into ordering for me for when I get next prescription from G.P,Thanks for the tip Dee.
Community Champion

Teva brand Tamoxifen

This brand is considered by my reading to be the best. I have had no side effects from it:-) However encountered difficulty getting it in chemists. Phoned up Teva and they were very helpful indeed. Most pharmacies should be able to order it in for you. All my local chemists stocked the wokhart brand and from reading on here it seems to bring on side effects in alot of women. I'm sticking with Teva. Thought i would share this in case anyone having difficulty getting it. 😊