Anyone from Surrey / Hants

Hello
After diagnosis and MX last year followed by reconstruction I now ( finally !) feel ready to meet up with others who are going through or have been through similar. I am 42 and live on the Surrey / Hants border. Are there any other ladies out there in the area who would like to meet up ?

love
Cazza

Hi Cazza

I would love to meet up. I am 52 had WLE in September and have just finished chemo, waiting for rads. I am on the surrey/Hants/Berks border so can’t be far from you.

Jayne x

Hi Cazza. I am in Guildford and I was dx last July. I have had chemo (which was rubbish!) first which I finished in December. I am booked in for surgery begin Feb (wle and node clearance - yuk) and then rads. But would be good to meet up if I am well and able. I an 43 and really hate having bc - its a pain to put it mildly! X

Hi and thanks for your message I live in Farnham and am in Guildford at least once a week and have 2 daughters who love shopping there ! Am happy to meet in a group of those who reply or meet you on your own if prefer.
I was dx in July too and am just fed up with the whole of it ! Donʻt worry about the surgery as it is really not that bad - i had a wle on my left breast and mx on the right. You will be pleased to get any bad cells out of you.
Let me know when you feel up to meeting
C xx

Hi ladies, I live between Epsom and Guildford. I had surgery in Nov 11 (mx and DIEP recon) and started chemo in Jan 12, finished April 12. Would love to meet up.

Sorry posted twice!

Cazza would be great to meet up - it sounds like we could get a happy band of bc warriors together and perhaps a meet up in Guildford would be good if people are happy to travel. If not happy to go with another suggestion? BC is total crap but have to say Royal Surrey have been great. Would me great to meet up with you, Clare, Jayne and anyone else who would like to meet up for a rant and coffee (or perhaps something stronger!) thanks for good vibes re surgery - pooping myself a bit about it to be honest. Chemo sucked - hopefully surgery won’t be as bad! Happy to pm you if you prefer. Hope we can organise a get together soon. X

Would be great to meet up - Guildford is fine for me, I am near Bracknell so not too far to travel.

I am due to start Rads in the next couple of weeks, just finished chemo ( I was dx in July too).

x

Hi Ladies i live in Camberley and have been having my treatment at the Royal Surrey aswell so would be great to meet up at Guildford aswell. Was diagnosed last July, had WLE end of August and started FEC/T in October and had my last chemo today. Yipee!!! Starting radiotherapy 11th Feb so next hurdle to conquer but im sure it will be better than chemo.
Annette x

Hi Surrey Ladies, sounds like Guildford is good for a lot of us, so would be good to try and arrange a meet up. It sounds like we are all at different stages - which is good as we can bounce ideas and experiences off each other - I have fuzz like velcro on my head so things get stuck on there - please feel free to pull them off!
Well done Annette for finishing chemo - chemo absolutely sucks!
Guildford end Jan might be good? any suggestions time / place? I haven’t been out and about much recently so I am probably not the best person to ask where is good - depends also if you want to meet during the day or in the evening! x

Hi am trying to figure out private messaging to pass on my mobile and email details. Another lady from Surrey is interested aswell but she pm ed me so it did not appear as a post for all to read.
I am not working at the moment and have lots of time on my hands so day or eve is fine
C x

Hello Cazza40

To send a PM (Private Message) just click on the name of the person you wish to PM. Then part way down the page you will see a grey box which says ‘Send a Message’. Just click on this and complete the message you wish to send.

Best wishes

June, moderator

Daytime would be better for me - still dont trust my eyes for night driving! Generally Mondays are best as I dont work on a Monday but can manage around it any other day if better for others. I am waiting to start rads so end Jan would be great as suspect once we get into Feb I will be tied to Bracknell for a few weeks.

Really looking forward to the change form virtual into reality!

Jx

Hi, Im from Surrey as well and would love to meet up. Im only newly diagnosed so still walking about in a daze!!
Clare

Hi Clarebear

i have sent you a personal message

c x

Hi, I have found this thread late in the day, but am newly diagnosed, between surgery and pathology results, being treated at Royal Surrey. I would like to meet up too, if you have space for one more!

Hi, I am currently having radiotherapy at the Royal Surrey after ops, chemo and am still having herceptin and tamoxifen. I would love to join you if you are still meeting up.
Michelle

Hi ladies
I’m 41 with two kids, recently diagnosed and near enough to Guildford. I’d love to meet up for a chemo/cold cap rant or giggle! Are you all meeting up?

Hi! I also live in the Guildford area and, currently, am being treated at the Royal Surrey. Last year, I was diagnosed with medullary breast cancer - apparently a rather rare type. I am 44 years old, have two teenage children and a supportive husband who is helping me through TC chemotherapy.

Hi ladies
i am also being treated at royal Surrey…was diagnosed last April, had lumpectomy and lymph nodes removed, ec chemo, radiotherapy and I’m now having herceptin for a further year…would be great to meet up…pls let me know when and where…
I was 50 last sept…anwoking in woking at the moment With a very caring partner , he’s been amazing.
nicky