71.4K members
1.2M posts
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone out there in Reading, Berkshire want to meet up or chat?

113 REPLIES 113
Butterfly123

Re: Anyone out there in Reading, Berkshire want to meet up or chat?

Hi Lexilou,

Thanks for your reply. I'm in a village between Henley on a thames and Reading. I will look on the Facebook site. Thanks xx
Butterfly123

Hi thanks for this helpful reply
Lucy_BCC

Hi butterfly123 and welcome to the BCC forums

Along with the support here, our helpliners are on hand with practical and emotional support for you on 0808 800 6000 and lines are open 9-5 weekdays and 10-2 Saturdays so please feel free to call and talk things through

Here's also a link to further support ideas from BCC including our 'Someone like me' service which I hope you will find helpful:

http://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/breast-cancer-services

Take care
Lucy BCC

lexilou3

Hi Butterfly,
take it all at your own pace...if you are a facebook user there is a closed group for those with the diagnosis. Maybe that would seem a little more personal - but also not as frightening as posting here ? I find that group really supportive and caring, like here, but closer to home. you can search Berkshire Breast Cancer Support group - they will message you, this may go in your *other* messages - something I didnt even know i had.
All in your own time - take care xx
Butterfly123

Hi there. Yeah near Caversham. I'm hoping to attend support group but I haven't approached any yet. This feels awkward!
lexilou3

Hi Butterfly123,

How are you doing? Are you a Berkshire person ? I am in East Berks.

Lexilou x x

Butterfly123

Hi, not sure if this will post. First time I'vetried to use the forum. I don't seem to have a start new thread option
Fairy_Lady

Hi there, sorry you missed us yesterday. We have 2 events in May - a BBQ/ Treasure Hunt and a Macmillan Night In, both in Woodley. We don't have any outstanding member requests to join the Facebook group so maybe you've applied but not replied to the email that was sent to you asking about your situation, which would have gone your Other Messages Inbox (not visible in the mobile app). Please send a new request. The group is closed all posts ara private. Looking forward to hearing from you.
lexilou3

Hi all
In true Lexilou style i have just missed this meet up... are there others plamned soon ? i hae also appled to your facebook page, but with some trepidation. Will others have full access to my info ? can i limit what is seen ?
lucy12

Berkshire Breast Cancer Support Group's next meet up is for lunch at The Three Frogs in Wokingham on Saturday 14th March.

It would be lovely to see some new faces (the old ones are getting a bit boring now!)

Lucy x

Fairy_Lady

Flash Mob 30th August Reading 3-4.30pm

Please join the Berkshire Breast Support Group in a flash mob! If you are interested in dancing with us (sitting, standing or moving), please send me a private message and I will email you with the details.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BerkshireBreastCancerSupportGroup/

Fairy_Lady

Berkshire Breast Cancer Support Group Events

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BerkshireBreastCancerSupportGroup/

Saturday 12th July 12.30                Lunch at the Three Frogs, Wokingham

Sunday 20th July 11.00                  Race for Life,  Prospect Park Reading,

Saturday 30th August 12.00           Relay for Life – Survivors’ Lap of  Honour, Palmer Park, Reading

Berkshire Breast Cancer Support Group Just Giving Account - please share with friends and family

http://www.justgiving.com/BerkshireBreastCancerSupportGroup

If there are any queries, please send me a private message or join the group to see more information.

Fairy_Lady

Fairy_Lady

Hello Jane, so sorry to read your news. You are welcome to join us at the Macmillan Night In. It's being held in Woodley and you can bring your friend too. I will send you a pm with the details. Don't forget you can ring Macmillan or Breast Cancer for advice or someone to talk to.

Best wishes xxx
jandeb007

Hi Fairy_Lady. I used to live in Basingstoke but now in Godalming, Surrey - I would love to attend, if I can sort accommodation with a friend at the time. I have only had my mammogram so far, biopsy & US to follow within 2 wks. Only found my lump on 14th March, so am still kinda in shock... I look forward to meeting up with others in near future. Regards JD
Fairy_Lady

Hi again Lindsey, we are not planning a lunch in May as one of the ladies who lives in Woodley is kindly hosting a Macmillan night in on Friday 16th May 7pm

https://www.facebook.com/AReallyGoodNightIn?hc_location=timeline

If anyone is interested in coming along, please send me a private message and I'll give you more details.

Let's have some fun!

Fairy_Lady

Hi Linday, the Facebook group address is https://www.facebook.com/groups/BerkshireBreastCancerSupportGroup/

There is also a family support group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/bershirebreastcancerfamiliesupport/

Looking forward to meeting you

Smiley Happy

lindsay1964

Could you send a link to the facebook group - i searched and couldn't find it. I would be interested in meeting up at the next meeting
lindsay1964

Can you send a link to your facebook group I
Fairy_Lady

Hi, lovely to meet you on Saturday. I have created a Facebook group called Berkshire Breast Cancer Familes Support UK. Your fiance is welcome to join 🙂
Nyree

Hi, I'm looking for some support in the Bracknell area and came across your post.  I've also requested to join the facebook group.  Can I come, can I bring my toddler (I can tie him into his pram if necessary!) and is it something that my fiance could come to, or do you know of any support groups that can help male partners/carers?

Many thanks

Fairy_Lady

Next Bosom Buddies, Monday March 3rd 7.30 Spire Hospital, Bath Road, Reading

We have been very fortunate that Mr Titus Adams, Consultant Plastic Surgeon is able to come in March instead of later in the year

He has cancelled a clinic to accommodate this change so it would be lovely if we could show our appreciation with a good audience and lots of questions!!!

Hope you are all keeping well, have a lovely weekend  and look forward to seeing you all on March 3rd

Best wishes
Fiona and Roberta
Fairy_Lady

I have added someone, is it you? 🙂
Puggles

Many thanks Fairy Lady.

Have just done that (or, more probably, tried to do that!!)

Hope you can see my request.

Fairy_Lady

Hi there, you could join us in the Facebook group Berkshire Breast Cancer Support Group. It's a closed group so please send a request to join. We chat and support each other, hope to see you there.
Puggles

Don't know if I'll be able to do March 8th, but want to connect to others in area.

Still ostriching it a bit.

Finding the forum discussions a bit heavy just now.

Had a mammoplasty on one breast on 20th Feb.

Recovering well.

Waiting for results of SNB (aha! catching onto terminology).

Live in Reading area.

P.S. Puggles was the first love of my life - a male guinea pig. No talk of what they do to them in Chile please!!!

Fairy_Lady

Next Berkshire Meet Up - Saturday 8th March 12.30 Peacock Farm Bracknell - all welcome

Who's coming? Smiley Happy
Fairy_Lady

Hi, the next Bosom Buddies is on Monday February 3rd 7.30pm at Spire Hospital, Bath Road Reading, maybe see you there?

Fairy_Lady

Next Berkshire Meet Up - Saturday 11th January 12.30 Peacock Farm Bracknell - all welcome

Who's coming? Smiley Happy

Fairy_Lady

Hi there 🙂 I believe the next Bosom Buddies is on the 2nd Monday in January which is the 13th xxx
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all. Hoping you all had a fab Christmas and that 2014 will be a GOOD year for you all (personally I will be glad to see the back of 2013.....I have never said that about a year before.....).

Looking forward to seeing you on Jan 11th, though I may just pop along for a drink as I am out for my friend's 50th that same day in the evening.

Does anybody know thw date of the next bosom buddies meeting?

Andrea x

Guest user
Not applicable

Fairy_Lady

I have added you : -)

Jonamo

Hi, I am from Crowthorne and wondered if I could join your Facebook group? I was diagnosed at beginning of September with Grade 2 IDC, stage 3. Am under Royal Berkshire and just had my first chemo 12 days ago. I gave put in a friend request....
Many thanks.
A x
Fairy_Lady

Berkshire Ladies, you are invited to Christmas Lunch on 23rd December at 12.30 at the Toby Carvery, Richfield Avenue in Reading. Please let me know by Friday 13th December if you want to come along.

Fairy_Lady

Hi Lucy, hope your daughter does well at the competition 🙂

I guess our next meet up will be on January 11th but there is a Bosom Buddies tonight at The Spire Hospital in Reading if you are interested. I won't be there but other members of our group will be there.

There is also the Facebook Group, which I have changed to a closed group, so that we may chat in private

https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/BerkshireBreastCancerSupportGroup/

Chat soon x

Fairy_Lady

Hi Andrea, I hope you have a lovely birthday and we will raise a glass in your honour 🙂

I am not going tonight as it's my 22nd wedding anniversary but I believe others from our group are going. The Bosom Buddies Christmas dinner is on Monday 9th December and I am going to that, are you?

Chat soon x

lucy12

Hi Fair_Lady and thank you for the invite.

I was all geared up to come next Saturday but my daughter has thrown a spanner in the works and entered a riding competition that day so sadly I will no longer be able to make it.

I really look forward to the next one though...

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

Sorry but I won't be joining you this time at the Peacock Farm as the 9th is my birthday and I'm planning on a day out with the family.

Do let me know when we'll next meet up! Are we likely to get together around Christmas?

Is anbody going to the bosom buddies group tomorrow?

Fairy_Lady

Of course, you are most welcome Lucy. We are next meeting on Saturday 9th November at 12.30 at Peacock Farm, Bracknell. We also have a Facebook group Berkshire Breast Care Support.

Looking forward to meeting you 🙂
lucy12

Hi All

I am 44 and was diagnosed with BC in July. I had lumpectomy and sentinal node biopsy in Sept and thankfully the SNB was clear so no need for chemo. I am now a week into a four week rad course.

It would be elovely to meet some people who are or have been through some similar experiences - it still all feels a bit weird!

Would you have room for another in your group? Smiley Happy

Fairy_Lady

Hi, the next meet up is on Saturday 9th November at 12.30 at Peacock Farm Pub, Bracknell

https://www.facebook.com/events/578093418895310/?context=create

See you there Smiley Happy

Fairy_Lady

Yep 🙂
Guest user
Not applicable

Good to see some familiar faces at bosom Buddies last night as it was my first  time there!

Fairy_Lady

Are either of you ladies (or anyone else) coming along to the Reading Bosom Buddies at the Spire Hospital on Monday at 7.30? It's a Q and A session with the Breast Care Nurses. There are 5 of us Berkshire Ladies going so far x
jaxmackenzie

Hi Andie...........I would be interested but only in the New Year when I've "retired"Smiley Very Happy

Guest user
Not applicable

Hi all

In my bid to get fit post breast cancer, I went to a stretch class in Charvil on Tuesday. The lady has had training for ladies with a breast cancer history. She is planning on setting up a class specifically for breast cancer ladies soon, also to run in Charvil. Any interest?

Andie

Fairy_Lady

Hi Mandy, you are most welcome to join us 🙂

6 of us met yesterday and we had a good chat and lots of laughs. The next meet up is Saturday 9th November 12.30 at Peacock Farm Pub in Bracknell.

Please send me a private message with your contact details if you (or anyone else new) would like to meet up for a coffee or have a chat on the phone.

For information, we also have a facebook group:  Berkshire  Breast Cancer Support https://www.facebook.com/groups/BerkshireBreastCancerSupportGroup/ 

madalynn

Hi

My name is Mandy and I live in Maidenhead. I had BC in 2009 had the full works. I wonder if I would fit in with the group although I have finished my treatment.

libby_2010

Hi Ladies are we still on for Sat?

Natalie please feel free to join us. We are in the same area as you. All with different Dx and at different stages of our treatment.

We will be meeting at the Peacock Barn/pub,Jennets Park,Bracknell  on Sat at around 12.30.

You would be most welcome XX J