Arty stuff

During a chat earlier today, I wondered if there might be interest in an arty forum.  I’ve always (well nearly) dabbled and it’s one of the things that has got me through when I havent had the energy to do much else. We could share ideas, images, anything.

All that is needed is an interest, a desire to create or express; definitely no particular artistic talent required. 

Hi Jenny,

I haven’t done anything creative since school but I’m very keen on art appreciation and attend galleries frequently. I’d be happy to take part in your discussions. xxx

I’ve got a big girls colouring book and can stay in the lines. Does that count ? ???

When I get my pain under control I’m going to start some projects I’ve got lined up, I went to hobby craft and got a couple of mache boxes ones a treasure chest and the other a tissue box, I’ve got some decopatch glue and paper to kick start that.

I’m also going to decorated some smaller boxes I have into trinket boxes. Last but not least I rather fancy quilling and need some quilting needles board and paper to get me started. This will be a good thread to share our projects and interests, Thank you for this thread Jenny 29 

X

Edit… Quilling not quilting!

Hiya Jenny .
I’m afraid my artistic skills are the same as my gardening ones!!! Useless…
I do tapestries but only the kit ones …like paint by numbers really !
I shall be following all you ladies though and maybe just may be might get a little artistic flair from you all.
Could never cope with blue Peter when I was young either …never got the hang of sticky back plastic etc ???

image.jpegI am not very arty but I am "crafty ". Here is a Christmas Tree fairy I made as a prize for a Christmas Fayre. 

This is my daughter with a cushion I made from an old dressing gown. It had a cow face as a hood.   I sewed the sleeves through the middle so she can out her hands through to keep them warm while snuggling the cushion  :-)  image.jpg

Very nice and clever. I do tapestries but only the ones that are coloured in …like paint by numbers !!
I used to do dressmaking when kids were young for extra money but don’t do much these days …it’s all so cheap to buy now !!

20160607_094142.jpgnothing clever not arty just a couple of my tapestries. I’ve done about 20 now and find them relaxing.

Xxx

Yes Helen. I get the pre coloured in ones complete with wools. If u go on e bay and put in “tapestry kits” they have loads of beginners ones …especially for girls …hello kitty and Dora ones …I have done them for my granddaughter.
They cost about £10 for the smaller ones. I’m addicted and find them very therapeutic.
Xxxx

20160708_114010.jpgthis is a few tapestry and a couple of things I have done this week.

Not sure what I’m doing with them. Just enjoy doing bits and pieces .

Ellie
Many years ago …I bought a dresser at auction…spend ages restoring it etc and then a visitor rather than admire it …noticed it was riddled with wood worm so it got dumped very quickly !!
Hugs xxx

Can I just add to arty experts out there …don’t make such a mess as I did with my owl and chicken in my photos . …I got fabric glue everywhere and even got the owl stuck to my dining table at one time …my slippers and my tee shirt ! !!! Sure a five year old wouldn’t make so much mess …?xxxx

Ellie
Very clever …I’m afraid I’m useless at anything like that …lucky enough Sainsburys are nearby !!
Xxxx

Sorry Barton the most creative thing I have done recently is put some insulating tape around my grandsons headphones !!!
Xxx

Ellie
I can denote a couple of my framed tapestries if they would make a pound or two for charity .
Xxxx

Barton
You always make me spill …I made such a hash of repairing headphones …had to pop to Argos and buy him new ones !!
Now my secrets out …
Xxxx

No probs Ellie. I will drop them round in plenty of time for the stall.
I will see what else I can create for you before then …
Maybe some of the other ladies could do something small which could b posted to you for the stall as well.
Come on ladies …it’s all for charity.
Xxx

I’m not sure whether I could help manning the stall but I have put out SOS on everywhere for more craft stuff for it.
What is the exact date and where is it ?
Xx