Asthma & Chemotherapy

Hiya All,
I’m due to start FEC 75 in ten days and was wondering if anyone had any info on it’s effect on Asthma?

I normally manage the asthma by a variety inhalers.

Very many thanks

Helen xxx

I was dignosed with asthma in Jan 09 nd BC in Oct 09. I had FEC from Dec 09 to March 10. The worst problem I had was actually taking my inhalers as my mouth was in a bad condition and the powder from the inhalers just stuck to the inside of my mouth. The only thing the docs could suggest was using a spacer which did help. I also found I was more breathless than usual, but whether that was down to the inhaler drugs not going where is should or a reaction to the chemo, I don’t know.
If you have problems make an appointment with your GP or asthma nurse and make sure you mention it to your onc.

All the best with the chemo.

Caroline

I developed adult asthma after a severe chest infection in October of 2006.

I then got a grade 3 early stage breast cancer, which was misdiagnosed for 5 months. I was finally diagnosed in January 2008 via a lumpectomy and a mastectomy followed the following month. I had FEC chemo in 6 rounds from April to August 2008 and the asthma disappeared after the first round of chemo just as my hair started falling out.

A novel cure for asthma, I know, but you never know…

Good luck with the chemo and hope all goes well.

Mrs_Roger_Rabbit
(unreconstructed as yet, but my username helps me to dream …) :slight_smile:

Hiya,

Thank you for your help, I’m ok & other than one night I’ve managed without getting too breathless.
I will mention it again to my Onc at the next appointment on Thursday.

Lots of love
Helen