Confused after appointment

Hi all

Im 31 years old. I attended the GP as a few weeks previously I had noticed that one of my breasts had become larger than the other. Was quite an obvious difference. Additionally i began to have a white/clear discharge from the nipple of the same breast.

The GP reffered me to for breast screening at my local hospital. Recieved the appointment two weeks later.

I attended the appointment yesterday…

Ive never had screening before so didnt know what to expect. I was called into a room with a nurse and a doctor. asked to strip, lay down etc… soon became apparent to me i was having an ultrasound. No explanation as to why. This was done on the one breast. She explained ‘breasts change’ ‘they could still be growing’ and ‘couldnt see anything’. Was reminded id recieve a breast clinic appointment and sent on my way. This was said with her back to me as i was ushered out the door…

My appointment lasted less than 5 minutes and now im none the wiser… I got the feeling that I may have been wasting their time or at least they felt i was wasting their time. Im assuming ‘cant see anything’ is good and that I have to attend a breast clinic appointment to be told this officially??

Any ideas?

x

Hi 

i didnt just want to read & not reply but I have absolutely no idea.

I do think though that you have been treated appallingly.

My advice would be to ring your GP & tell him what happened perhaps he can clarify or make some enquiries on your behalf as to what happens next.

I do know that the younger you are the denser your breasts are so the more difficult it is to see things so please do not be fobbed off if you are still worried insist on further investigations.

best of luck x

How did you get on CD? I agree with Nikki’s observations…a dreadful way to treat anyonexxx

did you call your Gp?  Very best wishes for a helpful appointment with a really nice doctor when you go to the breast clinic.

Moijanx

hi cdavies,
It is so frustrating & annoying when professionals don’t communicate properly, at the best its a waste of everyone’s time as an appointment has to be repeated & it unnecessarily prolongs anxiety.
Do give your feedback or make a complaint about this, there are processes in place for this & the staff or website will give you the details.
ann x