Diep date 27th June -encouragement needed please

Hi Ladies

I have my date 27th June for my diep cant wait but scared stiff!! Seems like the next few weeks will be going to and fro to the hospital for pre ops, tests etc.

I cant wait to have 2 boobs especially after the problems I had with the LD flap ( I had infections etc and had t have it removed, I am one of a very few this happens to and dont want to put anyone off)

I slept like a log last night so hope this continues, let my relatives and friends know and got lots of encouragement apart from my Mum who I think doesnt want me to have this done, and she is a very negative person where I am not.

So thanks to all you ladies who have posted their journeys (it really helps me) and I look forward to reading them, anyone who is having the same/similar soon it would be good to hear from you to and we can compare notes and encourage each other

L

xx

You will be fine but you must know by now that it is no walk in the park. Just keep yourself as healthy as possible before you go in and alert your loved ones that they will have considerable extra duties for some time when you come home. All the best. xx

Yippeee, good luck, you will be fine, I have really picked up in last two weeks on hols, even pulled my suitcase home - ooops!!!xxxx

Hi Sid and lisa
Sid: Yes I know its not a walk in the park, anything but!!! and I am trying to eat healthy etc but I am one of those who eat when stressed and I am starting to get stressed!!! I had reflexology last week and am going again the week before and hope that will help, if not its an hour having your feet massaged!!! As far as the extra duties are concerned, my daughter lices 5 mins away and although she is pregnant she is booked in to be induced Monday so that will then give 4 weeks for her to recover before I go in and then I will be in 1 week so she said she would help, my husband does what he can but its never quite the same as you would do it yourself. He did say however if it gets too much he would get a cleaner in!!(that would be good I have never had such one, also I have a friend up the road and she said she would walk the dog and do whatever needs doing. I think the main thing with me if letting go, I am a control freak so I have always found that hard.

Lisa: I have tried to pm you but wasnt sure if you would get it I had a couple and when i tried to open them they dissappeared!! I hope you had a lovely holiday I was wondering when you got back, it sounds like on another post you managed to rest, how was the flight!! Well you are onwards and upwards and I am at the stage when we first started posting eachother time does goes so quick. I am having my pre op session next Wednesday so it really is starting to sink in.

Thanks again
L

xx

Hi Sid and lisa
Sid: Yes I know its not a walk in the park, anything but!!! and I am trying to eat healthy etc but I am one of those who eat when stressed and I am starting to get stressed!!! I had reflexology last week and am going again the week before and hope that will help, if not its an hour having your feet massaged!!! As far as the extra duties are concerned, my daughter lices 5 mins away and although she is pregnant she is booked in to be induced Monday so that will then give 4 weeks for her to recover before I go in and then I will be in 1 week so she said she would help, my husband does what he can but its never quite the same as you would do it yourself. He did say however if it gets too much he would get a cleaner in!!(that would be good I have never had such one, also I have a friend up the road and she said she would walk the dog and do whatever needs doing. I think the main thing with me if letting go, I am a control freak so I have always found that hard.

Lisa: I have tried to pm you but wasnt sure if you would get it I had a couple and when i tried to open them they dissappeared!! I hope you had a lovely holiday I was wondering when you got back, it sounds like on another post you managed to rest, how was the flight!! Well you are onwards and upwards and I am at the stage when we first started posting eachother time does goes so quick. I am having my pre op session next Wednesday so it really is starting to sink in.

Thanks again
L

xx

Hi
Just a quick update, had a mammogram on the right breast to make sure all is good there, and going for pre op on Wednesday so its full steam ahead.
Although yesterday I went to my hospital breast club for support etc. (which I got from the other ladies) and took my Mum but later in the evening sat wondering “am I doing the right thing!!” I am sh** scared of the op and worried about the recovery and I really want 2 breasts again but I cant help worrying (I suppose thats normal)
Have my hair (cut an coloured) , eyebrows waxed and tinted booked for the week before the op, reflexology the week before so hepefully that will help me relax, blow the expense!!!
My grandaughter should arrive tomorrow so all good there
Enjoy the sun
L
xx

I had mine on 19th May, home on 23rd, doing well, am sure you will too!!!
Thoughts are with you
Anne x

HI Anne
Thanks for your reply, its good to hear from someone who has had the op, where did you have yours??
Hope your resting and enjoying the sun
L
xx

Not sure whats happening but when I post it duplicates my reply 5 times!!!

Hi tinfish,
I’ve passed this on to the technical guys to try to stop this happening.
Take care,
Jo, Facilitator

Hi L
I had mine at Addebbrookes, surgery took about 7 hours, was in recovery about an hour and then straight to my room.
The first night they do Obs about every half hour and then it moves to every hour then every 2 hours.
Honestly, it really is not too bad.
9 days post op and have popped to the pub for a pint!!!
Anne x

Hi L,
Really don’t like this new site!!! Been using it for last 3 years, my 3 year anniversary last week and can honestly say I can’t find anything I want. Tried to pm you but our messages have disappeared!!
Just wanted to say I am doing well, starting back at the gym probably next week for light exercise!! Been a long haul but getting there at last, thank goodness!!
I know you are getting nervous but please try not to, you will be fine!! And you know that your hospital will really look after you well!!!
Hope your new grandchild arrives and takes your mind off your impending surgery.
Jane x

Hi All
An update on Monday evening my daughter delivered a beautiful baby girl so I now have one grandson and one grandaughter, I am very lucky. I have been round there helping out and today took my grandson out in the afternoon.
Yesterday I went for my pre admission that went well, had my obs etc done, then I saw another nurse who went through what I can (not much) and can not do post op I then saw the anaesthetic guy who was really lovely as well he asked me about my fears and also any problems I have had post op, I wont be having morphine but another pain relief which he says should help re: sickness.
I feel everything is moving much faster now, waiting for results of my mammo last week and hoping that is good otherwise things will need to be changed!!! This time 4 weeks I should be post op scary!!
Have been having thoughts should I shouldn’t I but in my hear know I really want two boobs but wish they could just wave a magic wand. I also think because my last recon failed it plays on my mind, I just keep telling myself by Christmas all will be sorted and I keep being told I am going to one of the best hospitals in Europe if not the World!!
Anyway hope your all recoveing well, take it easy
L
xxx

whoops its doing the duplicate thing again!!

Hi tinfish
Just to let you know I have deleted your duplicate posts.
Congratulations on the birth of your Grandaughter.

Best wishes Sam, BCC Facilitator

Hey posting on here as have no idea what is happening with messages, says I have one new but can’t find it and thought I had posted to you on here … arrggghhh!!!

Congratualations very pleased for you… happy days. Try and forget those thoughts as i have a vibe all will be good xxxxxxxx

Hi, I have just come across your posts and thought I would say hello. I am due to have my mx and diep recon on 11 June. Ever since my surgeon gave me the date I have been freaking out. I got through chemo very well and managed to maintain a normal life - well as normal as you can with 4 teenagers and a 5 year old! However, the control freak in me has well and truly come to the fore and I am scared stiff… Well terrified would be a better description. So much so that last week I actually cancelled the operation, I know that sounds overly dramatic but I am not a drama queen but I can’t seem to get my head around this. After a week of being talked AT by every man and his dog the op is back on but I am still not a happy bunny. I may still sign the concent form Micky Mouse and do a runner.
Well today is June so the op is THIS month, very nearly next week and I’m not sleeping and eating for England due to the stress of it all. I have had my pre-op and all was well there but despite talking to BCN, councillor etc I don’t feel mentally ready for what is about to happen to me!
Am I the only one who feels like this? Did any of you not feel ready?
Kim (nice but scared) x

I was scared witless, was a pain in the bottom to live with, but in all honesty it was all for nothing. Op went wee, imam well, so I know it is difficult but please don’t worry, all wiil be okay. My thoughts are with you. Anne x

Yes of course it is normal to wonder if it really worth it!! You will probably still be wondering that for the first week after the op but believe me it is!! I had the same kind of feelings but the day I put on a top and didn’t have to worry about it being stuck to my chest so that every time I bent forward evertybody got an eyeful of my prothesis, I knew it was definitely worth it.
Mine was a diep with risk reducing mx the good side and umbilical hernia sorted out all at the same time. My consultant said I would have more discomfort from the hernia op than the rest and he was right. This is doable ladies, yes it is scary but just think of the benefits of when it is done and concentrate on that.
Every day I get up and put a bra on and no padding I am so grateful for the wonderful work and care that I have been given.
Hope this helps a little ladies,
Jane x

Yes it is so worth it. Every day I marvel at the skill of these plastic surgeons. It has made me feel so much happier. I have just had my second bit of surgery, mastopexy to good side and a bit of liposuction and nipple creation on the diep side.
I agree with Jane it is fantastic not to have to worry about each top you wear.
As far as the op is concerned I can honestly say I was never in pain. A little uncomfortable and unsure how to move at first but it is amazing how fast you recover from surgery.
Good luck.
Pam