Bimbo

Re: First mammogram after lumpectomy

Thank you...sorry so late with reply! Hope all is good with you 

Bimbo

Hi Kate, so sorry for late reply!!! Hope all is well with you xxx

CatherineJ

Hi Bimbo, at last I've found someone else who didnt have chemo. Thank goodness!  I've got my appointment for my first mammogram after lumpectomy in October.  I had 20 rads in March.  How are you feeling? My Breast Care Nurse told me that after my mammo, I will need to wait 2 weeks for the results, though they will try to get them back to me as fast as possible.  It's such a nerve-wracking time, isnt it, as it is for all of us ladies.  Keep strong and positive. Best wishes. Kate

manathu

Thank you so much for your kind comments.  I think this is such a wonderful forum. 

Monica xx

rubycat

Eeyore Monica - carrots as well as fizz for you in the Neddie paddock.  Shuffle up everyone - Monica's here!! Christine xxxCat Very Happy

Jill1998
Community Champion

Nice one Monica!!!Its such a relief isn't it,the waiting is horrible brings back all the feelings from last year.
manathu

Just an update.  I had a phone call from Norfolk & Norwich hospital this morning .  My results are fine. They just haven't got round to typing up the letters. Glass of fizz tonight I think. Monica x

manathu

I had my mammogram on June 6th. Still waiting for results.  I had a bone scan on May 16th & still waiting for results. When ever I phone the hospital I just get an answer phone.  Yesterday I rang the surgeon's secretary. Answerphone again. Left a message but I have had no reply. This is Norfolk & Norwich hospital.

rubycat

NED is No Evidence of Disease, so we call ourselves Neddies - donkeys running about, kicking up our hooves in the paddock.  It's after the first mammogram from your surgery. I found it quite a nerve-wracking time. There seem to be lots of different ways of saying NED, my letter said 'no new abnormalities detected' - which made my husband mutter about all my old abnormalities! Ruthiesings, here's some carrots for you.Hope you get to the paddock soon HeatherCat Very Happy

HeatherC

Sorry to be dim but what is NEDS, I've not got that far yet! x
Bibi44

Bimbo my onc said almost all first mammos are ok, because we've recently had treatment, so try not to worry. I think they're a bit less rough with you when they know you've had it. Congrats NEDS. Xx

Bimbo

Quick update............Saw a Doctor and he examined both breast and said all seemed to feel fine. They are sending me appointment for a mammogram in the next week or so. I won't get results for a couple of weeks. Ah well 😕

Bimbo

Thank you for taking time to reply 🙂 glad all went well for you. Deffo going to take pain killers! XX
Ruthiesings

Hi Bimbo, I had the same as you - lumpectomy, SNR and 15 sessions of RT. At the same time I also had a mammoplasty to reduce the good side so was pretty anxious about my first mammogram in March. On the advice of ladies here, I took painkillers before going - and asked the radiographer to be gentle with me!  In fact it was less uncomfortable than some of the mammograms I'd had pre-BC.  I was told results would be up to 3 weeks or quicker if there was a problem so was a bit panicky when the letter came after only 5 days.  All was well (hurrah) so I'm also a 'Neddie' (Just love that expression!).

Bimbo

Thanks. I'm hoping I get results same day. Thanks again for swift reply 🙂 XX
Bimbo

Thanks for swift reply! XX
rubycat

Hello Bimbo, was just like you with treatment.  Had my first annual mammo in April - had to wait a REALLY LONG 3 weeks till letter arrived, which seemed the pits at the time, but am now a Neddie in the paddock, so was worth the wait.  I'm in Wiltshire and was promised within a couple of days, maximum 2 weeks. Humph. Keeping a space in the paddock for you. Cat Very Happy

Bibi44

If you are NHS they seem to take anything from 1-4 weeks. Just had mine today & took painkillers first.  Radiographer said to keep shoulders down & take deep breaths.  Not too bad.  My place does same day results. Good luck.  xx

Bimbo

First mammogram after lumpectomy

Hi, am going to hospital tomorrow for first mammogram after lumectomy last year. I had 15 seasons of radiotherapy but no chemotherapy. Is it likely I will get results on the same day? If they find nothing untoward? Thank you in advance Smiley Happy