cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Giving up HRT!

5 REPLIES 5
spongebob52

Re: Giving up HRT!

Will goggle it. Sounds good especially as reconstruction surgery booked which involves nursed in a warm room with a fleece  blanket on.Nearly murdered my teenage daughter after trip to Cambridge.!

Mollybee

Cold turkey is the only way and it can be horrendous. I actually found it worse in the winter, when wearing wool jumpers, coat etc. and suddenly trying to rip them off in the middle of Marks and
Spencer's! It does get better, but takes a while so be warned. Have you got a Chillow? You can get them online, it's a cold pillow which does help quite a lot at night, I keep mine under the bed and when the flushes strike, I grab it and hold it to my face, tummy, whatever feels the worst. After a few minutes you will be back to normal. Google it and find the supplier who will send it. No other ideas I'm afraid but have heard that some of the herbal remedies are nearly as bad as HRT so not recommended.
spongebob52

Hi Cesrabbit like you gone cold turkey! Oh my God was in London for study day last two days hot flush on train left soaking ! My poor children are feeling my suffering. Teenagers post exams at home, grumpy old husband and menopausal mad women and cancer not good combination oh and a heat wave !!!!!!!

Spoiler
Man Indifferent
Cesrabbit

Hi Sponge bob. I went cold turkey. As soon as I was told by radiologist at ultrasound it was cancer I was told to stop. I was on Evorel 50mg for 4 years after a full hysterectomy so had never experienced menopausal side effects. 6 weeks on I feel hot (cud be the weather tho) and have constant tension like headaches which are a nuisance...but no other symptoms. I don't think we have much choice but to put up with them. I do know caffeine and alcohol make them worse. It's no fun is it? xx
Lucy_BCC

Hi spongebob52

Whilst you await replies here please feel free to call our helpliners to talk your queries over, you may find the BCC publication containing information about this helpful too:

https://www.breastcancercare.org.uk/information-support/facing-breast-cancer/going-through-treatment...

Helpline 0808 800 6000 weekdays 9-5 Sat 10-2

Take care
Lucy BCC

spongebob52

Giving up HRT!

Any body any advice  how too prevent / lessen hot flushes having had to give up there H R T !Smiley Frustrated