Gobby Gang Cont

Gobby Gang Cont

Gobby Gang Cont hi all
Since nobody objected, I took the executive decsion to lock the thread and start a new one so here goes!!!
Saw my manager today and she is going to refer me to the occy health nurse who is lovely and not the miserable doctor so feel so relieved. I hadn’t realised how much it had been playing on my mind!!
Also, a friend of mine is coming in most mornings now to help me - washing up, beds and putting the washing and the guinea pig out. I’ll pay her as that’s the right thing to do. I’m so tired from getting the children ready for school and walking little one to school that I just have to sit down on return. I don’t think the amytrptyline helps as by about 11am I’m fine -roll on school holidays so I can stay in bed!!
Looks like we’re off to Folkestone in august to stay with my mum and my sister and her family are down as well and then maybe off to cornwall straight from there, if hubby’s parents go ahead and book the cottage. I’ve not looked forward for so long I can’t believe I’ve made plans.
Think I will go for counselling now as getting really low and seeing GP next week.
Right the smell of indian takeaway is too hard to resist.
Kate

For Kate Hi Kate,

Thanks for starting a new thread the other was getting a bit long. I have now locked the old thread so no more additions can be made but you can still read the thread.

Kind regards
BCC Host

Hi everyone,

Well I’ve had a lovely time while the rest of you lot have been partying and off to holiday, I have had some tummy bug and now the pickle has got it- nothing like a 1 yr old projectile vomiting all over the place! Poor wee chap. I will take him to the doc tomorrow as he hasnt kept anything down since yesterday lunchtime. Is still runnung around being cheeky thro, and last year I was in hozzy trying to persuade the oncs to let me go home on my first mothers day (had high temp on a/c) seems we have taken it in turn!

Hope the other mums have had a good day and have been spolit a bit

love to all

xxsam

hello ladies well done Kate, we needed a new thread, it was getting a bit tiring to keep scrolling through the old one.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY

I have been a bit spoilt today, tea and flowers in bed, out to lunch and a chilled bottle of wine tonight (and okH is on nights, so even better I get the remote)

Kate I read your last couple of posts and I really don’t know what to say, you know I think you are a warrior, but then that is easy for someone to say who is not there 24/7, if counselling is feeling right then go for it and welldone for letting your friend round to help you and your family (although does she really want paying, if I was local I would come round with loads of help and hugs free of charge) or perhaps just the odd glass of wine with crackers and cheese.

I have my pictures developed of NY and they are fantastic, I seem to have a new lease of life, I don’t know why but am trying to make the most of it, I also have my appt through for the plastic surgeon, 30.4.07 and only 4 more Herceptin to go.

Claire hope your party went well and you raised plenty of money and Hello and Love to the rest of the Gobby gang Cont.

Cheers to our next re-union

Debs
XXXXXX

Kate

didnt read your post properly can only second what debs has said, can you talk to your macmillian nure, she seems like she has been good. I can understand paying your friend if that makes it easier to keep it on a formal arrangement so you can rely on it. Will txt you.

Debs kick a*se hope the app come quickly and think ny spounded great

Have to go

xxsam

monday musings Hi there gang¦

I hope all those mothers amongst us had a good mother’s day and all had flowers and breakfast in bed¦

Kate my darling – I so know what you are going through and the uncertainty of the world in which we reside is a major bummer. I find the uncertainty and the inability to plan, a huge frustration – on top of dealing with being on chemo and all the side effects. Mate – I can barely cope and I don’t have 3 little ones dependent on me – so goodness knows how you do. And I think that’s great your friend is helping – I’m with Debs though – do you really want to pay her? I know most of my friends are just really happy to help out in any way they can.

I thought you were seeing a counsellor? As you well know I am a huge fan of counseling and have 2 myself¦I am seeing the Macmillan nurse – who is also giving me counseling – I thought I was seeing her for pain relief – but she was brutally honest with me and I probably needed that. But I also see the palliative psychologist, funded through Macmillan – I find her very good¦

Thanks for starting the new thread – I just assumed the moderator would – but seems we had to be a bit more proactive. We’ll now for next time.

Sammy – the projectile vomiting sounds lovely – oh the joys of being a mummy. Was it kind of like The Exorcist? Was it green??? Where were you the other night when you sent me the drunken text??? Did you carry out my response and make Steve’s night?

Claire – hope the party went well – did you raise lots of money and did you find places for all 12 guests? What’s going on with your treatment – I know you’ve stopped/finished chemo – are you having rads? If so when do you start?

Debs – glad the NY trip has re-energised you – sometimes you just need that. Please send us your photos via email. Thanks for the Expedia info – I think I’m more into package holidays these days – less to think about¦

Trace – how is the new job going? How are things with RF? When are you going to Mexico?

Lynn – are you back from Barcelona – you never said which special friend you were going with – how was it – let us know¦

I am ok – I have been feeling a little crap of late - but its week 2 of my chemo cycle when I usually feel nauseous, fatigued and generally grumpy¦and I have developed this delightful skin rash which is taking over my body. I usually suffer from the foot/hand syndrome on this chemo – which is basically painful, itchy redness and blisters on your hands and feet. Mine has been restricted to the feet – but about 6 weeks ago noticed a few spots on the back of my leg – which I just thought were infected mosquito bites as they were quite itchy. Despite trying to treat them with antiseptic cream, they have now taken over my entire legs and are traveling up past my legs, are on my chest, arms, hands and now face – I’m starting to look like a freak. I didn’t think they were too bad but 2 weeks ago my counsellor commented about the rash and a couple of people at work have as well. Am now thinking they might be fungal (as there has been mention of fungal rashes on my US support group) – so am treating them with anti-fungus cream – no results as yet¦Otherwise I will mention it to my oncologist next time.

And my back is killing me – could barely walk on Saturday night – though seems to have settled down today – what is with that?

Never ends on chemo does it – maybe I should just be put down – they would if I were a horse???

My weekend was pretty quiet - went up to see RB on Friday night – went shopping on Saturday and bought heaps of things I do not need – including 5 new items of clothing, more perfume, dvds, rugs, sheets (obsessed about having comfortable bed linen). Saturday was 12 months since RB and I met - so although I usually cook Saturday night – I baked a cake (without his knowledge) and iced it with a loving message, bought him a gift, card and made a fuss – in return I got nothing – he didn’t eat any of the cake because he doesn’t like icing¦

Then he gets some sort of fever thing on Sunday – men are so rubbish at doing pain aren’t they? I go out in the snow and hail to get him pain killers and tuck him up on the sofa – and all I get from him is how much he hates being ill – well welcome to my world buddy. And he is so rubbish at giving sympathy when I’m ill – it so reminded me of when Si had that abscess.

Other than that - some sh*t going down at work again which will make my life way more stressful - but I so don’t care at the moment.

The sky has just turned very black – I think it’s going to storm down very soon. Hope not – I’ve got to walk home in that¦

Right I’m off - hope all is well.

love
Moira
xxx

why me!!! Just slugged some morphine so this will probably be totally incoherent!!
I saw the gp on tuesday who gave ne some prozac. I took it yesterday morning and by 1pm I couldn’t keep awake. Fell asleep and woken up at 3pm by oldest son who was off with a high temperature to collect youngest son. Went back to sleep at 4pm - hubby home early luckily. Woke up at 9pm as thirsty and drank about 1 litre in an hour. Went back to sleep at 10pm and woke up at 7am in terrible pain as missed voltarol and amityptylline last night. Saw GP via triage first thing who told me to take voltarol, paracetamol and morphine and the amytyptylline tonight and forget the prozac. Have now spoken to hospice nurse who is going to talk to hospice consultant about an antidepressant that I can take with amytyptyline and won’t be asleep on it. I’m so sensitive to amytyptylline that I take a 20 mg dose and still struggle first thing in the morning but the dose for depression in 100mg so I’d be just as useless on that.!!
Woke up with a sore patch on ear - think it is a pressure sore from being asleep for so long with my Ipod on!!
Some success last night - apparently hubby fed the kids and gave them a drink at the same time!! Usually he does one or the other!!!
Can’t read what I’m writing so will put a DVD on repeat and inbetween dozing I might actually see the whole thing
Kate

Awh Guys!

Kate I really hope you are feelimg better- and hope Moira is too… Think of you both lots, wish you were just round the corner for a cup of tea

I have just frozen by bits off at a spring fair- not that spring was much in evidence! Have had a really painful back- brought on by work so may have to give it up as it is obviously bad for my health!!!

were has everyone got too? Hows the new job Trace?

xxsam

Moira - sorry that your surprise anniversary surprise went so flat.
Hope the rash has sorted itself out or you’ve seen someone to get it sorted. Is it worth taking any antihistamine type medicine or can you not take that with capecetabine?
Sam-sorry about your back. I was freezing all day today - have warmed up now but think that is do with the vast quantities of pizza and cider I’ve consumed!!
Hubby took the children out to see a man with a morrris minor -what else!! - he took the children and they had great fun out in the countryside apart from twin son who got covered in nettle rash from trying to retieve a ball from under a fence - it looks really nasty and I wonder whether it is some other plant he has touched.
Went to Tescos with daughter this morning - got completely breathless at unpacking the trolley and had to get medical assistance as my breathing was so bad. For once, they were completely brilliant and kind. Seem to be OK now but getting very breathless very easily now and pain in chest is worsening all the time. Will definately push for tykerb now when I go back on thursday as don’t want anymore IV chemo at present.
Had a bad week all round - really dodgy tummy thursday night and friday morning as well. hope next week gets better!!
Well -where is everybody else then.
Kate

I’m still here Hello ladies

Kate you really are going through the wars, this week has to be a better one for you. Have you tried tesco home delivery, would that not be easier for you, my mate reckons she saves a fortune doing her shopping on-line as she sticks to her shopping list and diet.

Moira your having quite a s**t time too, time to book that 5star break and then post all the details so we can be jealous.

Sammy hope your back is better and you sold loads.

Where are the others, Lynn, Tracey and Claire, it’s time to say Hi again.

I am going to try and start another diet tomorrow, I have been to Tesco too and bought lots of lovely healthy food for my lunches and dinner, just need to keep away from the kids goodies and wine.

Hoping to be a computer IT queen tonight, will try and load my NY photos and try and e.mail a couple to you.

Love
Debs xxxxxx

helloooo,
i am still around honest!!! just my life seems to be a bit hectic, hence having a sicky today!!!
yes the slave drivers are making me go back to doing full time day shifts! really contemplating the idea of dropping my hours depending on the pay. i’m so annoyed that our insurance had’nt started taking the payments for the extra mortgage we took out as then i’d have no mortgage to worry about now and work would’nt matter so much.! i know i have a small mortgage now but i would like to use the extra money for taking the kids away on more holidays and being able to go out for dinner etc without worry so much. oh i’ll see what happens. Got a job interview for practice nurse on wed as i thought that might be less physical than what i’m doing now (back hurts) but its only 1 or 2 days a week, so i could drop my hours at the hospital and then do the 2 days at the gp practice until more hours arise, i just dont want to end up doing more than i am now for less pay, oh and it depends if the hospital would let me do fixed days, why does it all have to be so complicated.!!!
Party was fab, raised £1500 which i was really pleased with, did’nt expect to get that much! i was trying to change my profile picture to one from the party but could’nt do it for some reason, anyone know how??
i think its about time we try and arrange another meeting up?? i’m out on a girlie night out in Reading on 27th April if anyone fancies it??!!
And…i went ot see my kitten on friday evening, its only a week old as it was born on the evening of my party!! its soooo cute, Name ideas please, it should be female, i quite like Cleo.
Anyway, lets organise something
Speak soon
Claire
Ps, i hope your feeling better Kate (and Moira!) and hope you had a fab time in Barcelona Lynn xxxx hello Sam, debs and tracey too, would hate to leave anyone out!! xxxx

For Clopickett Hi Claire

I have passed on to our techy guys your question as to why you can’t change your profile photo. As soon as I get a reply I will let you know.

Kind regards
BCC Host

monday musings - again… Evening ladies

Glad to see some posting got done in the past few days – was starting to wander where you all were and if you were having fun without me.

Kate me loves – what do the doctors think is causing your breathlessness – are you still on the vineralbine? I’m with Debs on the excellent suggestion about having your shopping delivered (or better still get hubby to do it?). I have mine delivered – but I don’t have a car so walking home from Waitrose would be a bit of a nightmare. Though previous RBs mum refused to do online shopping – as she was convinced you would just get the bad vege and stuff – I think there might be something to her concerns – so I tend to get just the groceries delivered – ie heavy stuff – and do my own fruit and veg shopping.

I imagine my friend you are somewhat frightened and scared about what the return of your symptoms mean – but I’ve decided you, Lynn and I are going to live to a ripe old age – we are all going to have cancer miracle and compare our grey hairs and RPs – rubbish partners for want of a generic name. I read today about a woman dx with Inflammatory Breast cancer at stage IV 10 years ago – and she is still here today – I love hearing those stories.

When are you next seeing your oncologist? Has your oncologist ever mentioned Avastin to you – the onc I saw in Australia thought it was a great drug to throw into the mix.

Hi Claire – it was nice to hear from you again - £1500 is pretty impressive I have to say – how did you manage to raise so much? I think the part time practice nurse job sounds good for you – I think if you tell the hosp that you have a sore back from the cancer and treatments – they are under an obligation to modify their business practices within reason to fit around your cancer. You could argue a reduction in hours worked is a “reasonable adjustment.

When are you picking up the kitten – I love Cleo as a name I have to say – what colour is it?

Debs – what sort of diet are you going on? Or are you just going to be eating a rainbow a day? My rainbow is a bit cr*p at the moment – i.e read non existent. How is work and the kids and hubby? Have you got your Ny photos sorted yet – you too Claire – I want to see what you got up to – apologies if you have already emailed them – I have 300 hundred emails to get through¦just from Friday night.

Sammy – how’s the back – I have been freezing all weekend as well – went up town yesterday and RB was in a t-shirt – freak. Yes I definitely think you should give up work in the interests of your health¦ I’m going to try and email Alice – have you heard from her lately – did you see her when she was briefly living in Peckham?

Trace & Lynn – where the bloody hell are you – yes I am stealing that from the Tourism Australia ads. But we’d love to hear from you.

Now onto me – fabulous me. Well I still look like a complete freak from this rash and the bits on my legs are so painful now I can barely stand anything on them. I am back in oncology on Wednesday so will be talking to my onc about it – as I think it is a side effect from the capecitabine.

Plus I have an infected toe – so that (plus the itching from this rash) kept me up all night Saturday - no amount of heavy duty painkillers would work on it.

Had a quiet night Friday – was home alone – just me and the fish and chips and the lovely McGee – the proby on NCIS – channel 5 9pm – love that show. Went to bed early after a very distressing week at work – which essentially was me having to be a whistleblower to our US office on an incident I became aware of that I thought was not only inappropriate, potentially unlawful but possibly damaging to my employers business reputation. Needless to say we have a particular culture in our workplace which I was not happy about and which allowed for this situation - and others I have heard of - to fester. So after days of endless emails and sleepless nights worrying about my actions – I believe things are starting to be investigated and although management here are saying I did the right thing and I will suffer no repercussions – I know deep down they are mega pissed at me. But sometimes in life you have to make a stand – and I figured – why I am I losing sleep when I’ve done nothing wrong – I merely passed on some information I heard? So feel a little better about things. Must say RB was fantastic – he is in management and assured me I wasn’t over reacting and looked over my emails etc. And even phoned when he knew I was expecting a response.

It was an interesting insight into how difficult it is to actually stand up for your principles and for the rights of others.

Anyway it seems to have settled down for now – and I am happy about that.

Had a nice weekend – RB came down saturday night and we attended his old hockey club’s annual dinner dance. I thought it would be completely boring – but must say it wasn’t too bad and even managed to drink a couple of vodkas and red wines. Had to wear black and gold – the club colours – was considering renting a bumblebee costume – but picked up this fab black dinner dress from New Look for £7 and goldy/mustard coloured Chanel type cardigan from Dorothy Perkins for £6 - so all in all the outfit was very cheap and I can use it again. I even went to the hairdressers and had my hair straightened – as decided I need to make an effort with my appearance.

Yesterday we went and had lunch – visited RBs new nephew again – so I had 3 hours of hugging a baby – he is so cute – I kind of want one¦Then we went out to dinner with a girl from work and her new boyfriend.

Must say I am knackered today – is it because I don’t want to go to work or because I had a relatively busy weekend and don’t sleep too well when RB (or the human radiator as I refer to him sometimes) is in the bed? Was thinking of taking the day off I felt so bad – but I’m off on wednesday – another delightful 10 hours in oncology and we are really busy.

Would love to just book my 5 star holiday – but I’m still waiting for my insurance cheque to clear – I’m hoping it will be by week end at the latest and that I won’t go too crazy and spend it all.

I think we definitely need a catch up – I’m going to the Lake District with RB for Easter and am hoping to be in Turkey for a week around 25th April for Anzac Day. And will possibly be in Birmingham for the 12 or 13th May. I am thinking of going to London the weekend of the 5-7th May – as I think that is a long weekend. Is anyone else going to be around? Or maybe we should book ourselves into a nice spa that weekend?

Let me know what you think – talk to you laters.

Love
Moira
xxx

Darling M

will possibly be away the weekend you are coming to london, at least you wont have to come and visit me in peckham again! I had a long chat to alice and she lived in P for one week and decided she couldnt hack it- crikey I must be used to it cos it doesnt feel bad to me.

I hope you get things a bit sorted in onc tommorrow, sounds like you are having a few things happening at the moment, hope you get some decent treatment for once. Tht goes out to Kate as well, hope you are having a better week, by god you deserve it!xx

Claire well done raising all that money!!!

Have a legal-ish question for you girls- do you have to declare your bc when applying for jobs? I can hide my time off as I was on maternity leave and makes sense of lack of work last year ( although still did a bit) I am applying for jobs at the mo and dont want to mention it if I can help it- can I truthfully say I have no medical problems when I still have to go in for check ups? What did trace do? and I see Claire is thinking of changing jobs too…

also what did people do about IBS after taxotere? Did any one else get it- or is it M, K and I that had tax in our group? If it is dont worry cos you girls have other thing the IBS on your mind- in fact I keep telling everyone I’m not that bothered by it- if it dosnt need chemo then I’m not worrying about it!! but I do wonder if I should start thinking about my general health wot with the IBS and the bad back…

Hope everyone is ok

xxsam

hiya
Well not sure if I’m having a better week. I got really breathless over the weekend and saw the GP who’s given me antibiotics again and think I feel a bit better. Still get very short of breath easily though.
Had my hair cut yesterday and starightened - it looks much better and hopefully now that it’s this short I can keep the curls under control.
Keep bursting into tears all the time so obviously not improved mentally. I will ask about this on thursday now I’ve got some other names of antidepressants.
Got 3 more policies ratified at work today so doing well on that front - have to keep holding onto the fact I’m good at something cos walking and breathing at the same time isn’t one of them!!
Sam - there’s been a thread here on this forum about declaring bc when applying for work so look there and hopefully it will help. Good luck anyway with that.
Moira - tried to MSN you as you were online but obviously tooooo busy with your 300 odd emails you get from your many admirers!!
Hope it goes well tomorrow at onc.
I’m dreading thursday - haven’t been able to get my blood test done as got no forms so hopefully won’t be there too long as daughter has got orthopaedic appointment at 550pm!! If it gets too long I’ll go back on friday as must see orthopaedic man as she is seriously doing some very odd running and back ache!!
Just got some peppermint creams that daughter made for mothers day but then forgot to give them to me. They still taste lovely so presumably they haven’t gone off - suppose I’ll find out later.
Right - shifts on computer tonight so must be off
Would love to meet up soon but not sure if I can make any of the dates suggested so far - just run them past me again!!!
Kate

Just a quickie my lovelies Kate and Sammy

As have a million things to do and am out tomorrow and sick of being hassled by my non thinking secretary and having to make decisions on everything for her. Plus today got approached by the guy I was the whistleblower on - sometimes I think my workplace is a serious joke -how he found out I dobbed him in and thought it appropriate to approach me is beyond me - but I’ve wasted most of my day writing emails/memos on it. honestly - starting to feel very uncomfortable at work…

Anyway to quickly answer your questions - Kate - as per our msn - the hospitals are - royal marsden,sutton under stephen johnston. But someone else mentioned Proff Coleman who is allegedly heading this trial at the Uni of Sheffield hospital. Someone else said they are getting it at Essex - well why the toss can’tyou get it? Sorry getting angry on your behalf. xxx

Sammy - got email from Alice - need to respond to her… We can set another date - my proposed one was just a suggestion…Maybe around when I’m going to turkey - let me get back to you.

Re IBS - can’t help - didn’t suffer it.

Re disclosing if you have BC - see the DRC website drc-gb.org/your_rights/employment.aspx
I’ve also rung their helpline - and they were very helpful. Sorry I don’t have time to go through it all and find out the answer to your question.

got to run.

love
Moira
xxx

Taxotere Sammy I had 4xTaxotere last year and it did play havoc with my stomach and bowels but things have settled (not quite back to normal but still having Herceptin and Tamoxifen). For my tummy I try and eat those bio yoghurts and it seems to be less bloated and have recently got back into drinking hot water with lemon slices to cleanse my system.

And yes Moira you were right about the rainbow really really trying to loose half a stone by the 30th april when I have the much awaited plastic surgeon appt.

Debs
xxxxxx

p.s.
Tried to be computer literate tonight and just heard back from Moira that only 1 photo attached from my NY selection. I didn’t realise how thick I was at this malarky. Will try and e.mail again.

hello all,
Spa sounds a fab idea!!! think we should definalty do that one Moira. Just to let you know i cant do that weekend but i’m free any weekend after that as my life then goes incredicably boring!!!
debs, i did’nt get any of your photos at all as i hav’nt had an email from you too!
Better dash, got that interview soon and i’m not even dressed yet!!
Claire xxx

more bad news Hi
Just got back from oncology and news even worse than I thought. My lung xray is even worse with huge amounts of spread - my lungs are covered in spiderweblike cancer all over. Starting cpaecetabine today. Also told only other option is gembacytin/carboplatin and that’s that as I’m not now eligible for the Tykerb study as had vineralbine. Not sure how correct this is and trying to contact GSK to find out.
Have stopped herceptin as obviously not doing anything.
Moira - hope your day in onc wasn’t as ****** as mine.
Kate