JaneRA - a year already

A slightly belated thought of Jane. I can hardly believe it has been a year already - I read her “blog”/essays avidly and miss reading her wise postings.

Yes me too. I miss Jane’s voice here. Thinking of Rita and all friends and family of Jane’s.
Belinda…x

Trying to get my head around it being a year already.

Snoogle
x

Yes, I often think of her. She was a great help to me when I was going through tests, and then we spent time together with the lovely Kate. I miss her, although I hardly knew her. She was a BIG character!

Sass xx

Likewise she was a wise woman and a very real one even in cyberspace. Much missed as many other women, Debs from Cornwall, DippyKate… and many, more

What Alice said.
All of their voices and opinions are much missed. Along with those of women who have died recently.

Sick to the back teeth of this disease being underplayed as if it is no big deal. 16,000 dead each year. We must not let that reality become drowned out by all the pink positivity garbage.

All those names mentioned above, so many more and jennywren, my good friend Jenny who died this year. msmolly I really do believe there is far more of the ‘pink positivity garbage’ about than when I was first diagnosed in 2003. All the ‘awareness’ campaigns along with Pink October and (I feel) there’s never been so much glossing over this serious disease.

so many lovely young women taken from us this year, so many families broken, partners left bereft and a huge hole left by their passing. When will we lick this horrible disease?
Caroline

I suppose all there is to say is:
‘we will remember them’
Val

So many lovely women have lost their lives this year to this cruel vile desease,it makes me feel so sad and very angry ,i have been thinking about them all these last few days with such sadness.
I miss their voices on the forums too, they were all very special and they all touched our lives in a very special way, they will never be forgotten,
I too think that breast cancer seems to be getting more and more glossed over these days ,its not viewed as serious anymore by many people, maybe Jane was right, and its time to stand up and start makeing some noise .Will anyone listen?
Love to everyone
Linda

Just to say I remember them and think of them often. It’s also a year since Allicat died.
And to all of us still here, I send my love and wishes for a peaceful Christmas.
nicky

I remember JaneRA from 6 years ago, when I used to post after my first diagnosis. She was so straight-up, no-nonsense and wise. I was shocked when I returned in June this year to find she’d died with brain mets. Grim. I hope her partner is coping ok a year on.

It is shocking how quick a year goes, I cannot believe that it is a year since JaneRA and Debsincornwall lost their fight. We have lost so many in the past year, and it is so sad.

It was also 2 years ago last wednesday 15th, that my great friend Annie (Sixpen) died. I cannot believe that and just feel so sad that so many lovely ladies have gone.

Love
Dawn
xx

Dawn, I often think of Annie, her family, her little boy.
Take Care…xx

So many missed, but never forgotten. Another year closer to a cure - hopefully x

I so agree with what msmolly and belinda have said about the pink fluffyness diluting the harsh reality of this disease.

I also miss JaneRA, although I didn’t always agree with her, she was a fountain of knowledge. I also often think about DippyKate and Debsincornwall so it’s nice to have a thread where we can ‘offically’ remember them.

Lets hope they are in a better place now.

Linda

It is so sad to read this thread and realise how time has past since we lost so many wonderful people.
They all contributed so much…JaneRA was such a powerful contibuter to these forums…I miss her discussions.
Dippykate…so honest and open about everything she was going through.
And too many more who also were wonderful people xx

Just to join in saying that I miss them too - Dippykate, JaneRA and others. Their voices were so important to me as I went through treatment. I also miss Teacup who I communicated with a lot. It is almost a year since she died. Unbearably sad.
X

Dear All

How lucky we are to be here still. I miss Jane and Dippykate. They helped me and challenged me so much. And like Jo I am so aware that the anniversary of Teacup (Tricia’s) death is very close.

Love and strength to all

Dilys
xxxxx

I too really miss JaneRA, DippyKate, our lovely Teacup (Tricia) and also Anna who we spoke with briefly - it’s just so hard to get your head around the fact that they were here and now they’re not.

Love n hugs and comfort to all
Ruby xx