Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mondor's disease

5 REPLIES 5
Lulu34

Re: Mondor's disease

Hi sheena

I had mondors after surgery 4 years ago.... Mine wasnt too painful mostly just when i stretched (well from what I can remember) but had like a rope going through my boob and that was pulled in.

I saw the bc physio and and she did some stretching to help pull the vessel.... Think mine only lasted about 6 months but i was very worried at the time.... Have you tried physio or kenesio taping?

I used ibuprofen gel as analgesia which did help too.

I also wrote this about my experience.... http://www.bcpals.org.uk/content/diagnosis/mondors.html

Hope things improve soon
Lulu x
Guest user
Not applicable

Hi there, I just wondered if you had any responses to your post? I too have developed Mondor's, and I would like to know what treatment has been recommended for it, and if it was effective? I have been in terrible pain with mine for 7 months now 😞 Thanks, Sheena x

Guest user
Not applicable

it's a kind of phlebitis of veins in the breast and if I remember correctly, lizziec had it/has it who posts on here. It worried her a lot for a while.

Jo_BCC

I have posted this for new user Al,

Thanks, Jo, it was on the BCC web-site that I printed off the information on Mondor's Disease to take with me to the Dr. It was also where I found you guys. I will see what happens when I go for my ultra-sound. I am wondering how rare this condition is.

Alyson

Jo_BCC

Hi Al,

Welcome to the forums, I'm sure you'll get lots of support from the many users of this site. In the meantime I have posted for you below the link to BCC's publication regarding Mondor's disease, I hope it helps.

http://beta.breastcancercare.org.uk/server.php?show=nav.367

BCC have a helpline facility which you can access from outside the UK if you need to talk to someone in confidence, the number to call is (+44) 2076 200 077. The lines are open (UK time) 9am - 5pm Mon to Fri and 9am - 2pm Sat.

Hope this helps

Jo, Facilitator

Jo_BCC

Mondor's disease

I have posted this for new user Al
Jo, Facilitator

I think I have this condition but find it interesting how hard it was to find information on it. Even my Dr. didn't know what it was. I am going for an ultra-sound to rule out the possibility of cancer. Is there anyone else out there who has gone through this?

Looking for help in Canada.