New Liverpool Thread

I was going to post on Meet-ups but saw that it was in the Secondary section!!

Anyway it is about time that we organised the next meet up in Liverpool (primaries and secondaries).

At the last meet, we mentioned May. Well we are half way through, so I suspect it will be June.

The Adelphi was nice. Then again so is the Blue Coat cafe (in the courtyard garden) as I believe it is open again! Any other ideas??

Julie x
Allicat, wondering how you are doing?

Hi Julie …there is a new thread in Chit chat …they are planning on 30th may at the mo …xxxxxxxxxxx

Blimey I dont even look there now!!! Thanks

Ooops.Chit chat does not show up under latest posts.A few people, myself included, will have totally missed this.

Have posted on there too.

Now beginning to wonder if I actually exist!!!

Hi Julie,
I agree, I think the Liverpool thread should be in latest posts, I have to remember to “do” chit chat as I don`t normally go there.
Hope you are keeping well , when are you going on holiday?

We have just got back from Portugal and had a great time. My b.c. nurse rang me as we were leaving Faro airport to arrange scans …how about that for bringing you right back down to earth!!

Anne , good luck with the scans next week, have you made any decisions yet about relocation?

Take care,
Love,
Janx

Jan,

Lovely to hear from you. Am glad your holiday was good and know what you mean about coming back to earth with a bump!!

Yes we go on Saturday, all being well. Have a muga heart scan on Thursday and am a bit concerned.

Hope to see you soon,

Julie x

Hi!
Julie, fingers crossed for the scan- I’ve never heard of that type of scan, hope you are ok.
Jan, hmmm… that was pretty bad timing of theirs to tell you about your scan. Really glad the hols were great anyway.
Me? Yep, scan coming up Tues. Doing my usual pre-scan routine of imagining all sorts! Hopefully, I can stay on same therapy. Also, have applied for early retirement and have had an offer accepted on a place close to my family and roots. Still wish I could put my onc in my pocket and take her with me… that is almost the scariest bit for me as she got me from a really bad place to still being here 21 months on!
I’m trying to catch up here… is there a meet on the 30th? Will check this thread again soon.
Take care xxx

Hi ALL
I am suggesting the 13th JUNE for a meet up. Would be lovely if we could get together.
Have posted on the chit chat thread and re-directed folk here.

Rxx

I am free for the 13 June so far but I will have to leave it until the day to see if I’m feeling well or not.

Alli x

Think it is ok for me too! julie

Hi Folks

Sorry I completly mucked up the dates for the last meet by saying I could meet on 30th. As it happened I was mega busy and didn’t come on here until tonight (1st).

I can make the 13th June, but can Liverbird email me to remind me as pick up emails daily but only come on here occasionally now.

Hope all are as well as could be expected.

Love Irene

For Granny Scouse

Thankyou so much for sponsoring me! It was a brill day and I raised £330 so well chuffed.

Love Irene

Hi, Im Tracy 40 years old and just been diagnosed with grade 3 breast cancer… i have no idea about the spread… and no idea what to expect…i am mum to louis 11 months old, sadly i will be in hospital having a lumpectomy on his first birtday… mark aged 21 and two beautiful step sons dan 22 and matt 12…

im from liverpool too, whiston to be exact, and would love to meet up in the future, for support and advice…saturday 13 june is when we hope to go for a family meal for my sons 1st birthday so i wont be able to make that date…

my emotions are all over the place, i dont really know what to expect so any advice would be greatly appreciated… my sress levels are so high…im currently going through a divorce and trying to find a new place to rent …im trying so hard to be positive but as my mum died of bowel cancer when she was 49, me just 16, my emotions are up and down…

love to hear from anyone interested in chatting to me x

Hello I have just seen this thread. I am in Liverpool. I am newly diagnosed and will have my surgery on 17th June. I would be interested to join this group. When and where do you meet? x

hi Tracy Hi SMTR …Sorry you have had to join us but welcome …the first few weeks are very difficult after dx I personally are 18 mths on …but I remember it well …have since had mastectomy …two attempts at recon .most recent March this year ld flap …please dont worry …between us we will get you thru this …I am from Liverpool but now live in the midlands …so dnt get to see the girls as much a I would like …but if either of you want to send me a private message I would be happy to chat to you .
I had my son in Whiston Hospital as I used to live in Huyton Quarry and my dad was in the Nursing Home in the town for a year before he died in 2005 so i know it well .
So welcome and hope that we can be of support to you xxxxxxxxxxx

Mazxxxx

Sorry you’ve made it on here Tracy and smelltheroses but welcome to the site!You’ll have lots of love and support from us.
Alli x

Hi everybody, espescially new people. I hope you get to a meet up soon and have all the support you need.
I will hopefully be able to come on saturday, but am at the moment feeling completely exhausted after holidays- 3 nights in a tipi in Snowdonia then 4 at centre parks. think maybe the 5th go on the water flumes was overdoing it, and adventure playground definately not a good idea. Am now feeling about 80!

hope to see you there( where is it exactley?)
nicky

Hi everyone

Can’t believe where this year’s gone.

Irene, glad you had a good day for your walk and you raised as much as you did. Very well done :slight_smile: Wish we had emoticons on here. Maybe I’ll PM the techies.

Tracy and smelltheroses, sorry you’ve got to join us but as others have said, together we’ll get you through it all. It’s a scary place to be for you right now but honestly, it does get better. Trust me, I’m a GrannyScouse.

Don’t know if I can do Saturday. I’m hoping to go to Anglesey for a much-needed break to get back down to earth after all the Rhydian concerts, family wedding and 60th birthday celebs of last week. The Blue Coat cafe sounds delightful. If I’m not away then I’ll definitely be there.

Anne, Jan and anyone else having scans/awaiting results, sincerely hope they’ve all been positive for you.

Maureen xx

Where about are you from smelltheroses? Don’t know where we are going yet.We’ve met in Cafe Rouge in the Met Quarter before,which was nice so maybe there again?
Who is going this time?
Me,Liverbird,india1,IreneM,juliet66,?