Post Xmas chemo starters thread

Hi all

Just thought it might be a good time to start gathering the ladies who are currently having surgery and due to start chemo swiftly after Xmas.mthat way we can get to know each other before we all embark on the next stage of treatment.
I am DCIS , plus invasive TNBC. Just awaiting extent of spread results next Monday but am certain chemo will start early January xxxx

might well be joining you!

janexx

Can I join too please?

Theoretically I am starting this month but it seems to be going backwards.

We went through surgery together so would like (well not like but you know what I mean) to join you for chemo.

Maggie x 

Hi, I will be joining you also, I had surgery in November and am starting chemo in January, AC-T every two weeks for 8 sessions, 16 weeks total. Although I guess this gets pushed out if there are complications or blood count is low etc, I feel comfort in that I’m not the only person going through this, hope we find support with each other . I have lobular breast cancer

Me too please. Have not yet got appointment with onc but heard today that it may be Xmas eve and if so Jan def chemo on the cards . Annie

Hi Maggie - what’s happening now ?

Trend in the right direction then! Fingers crossed for you today . A x

Hi Ladies

Great we are gathering together ready for battle.

Hi Maggie, hope your temp is settled. Have you got your portacath fitted today ??
I am now waiting for chemo start date but assume it will be January
Has anyone on here had bilateral mx? I am really struggling at the moment . Can’t wait to start feeling better!!
Great we have got this thread going
Love to all
Xxxxx

I am going wig shopping today with my friend, well just for a look anyway, I wasn’t too sure how far in advance you have to order a wig, but I think it’s not long. How soon does your hair fall out? I have no start date yet for my chemo but I think it will be either the 5 or 12 January, I will be armed for this :slight_smile: I’m going to try to relax at Christmas and live it up a bit. Under arm has a burning sensation after the lymph nodes got removed and it is really annoying, it has taken me a lot longer than I thought to recover physically from this, I won’t go there about my mental recovery that is a different story. I had a mx and reconst on my left side, implant first, then I had the temperature etc and implant failed so had to go back in and get the balloon thing. So my chemo should have been earlier but got pushed to January. At least we can get through Christmas

Ahh Maggie , you will be a member of our elite post Xmas club xxx

So sorry your chemo is delayed but good to have Xmas chemo free

Hope the antibiotics have kicked in now ?

Will pm you xx

Yayy I found you all - I am Karen, just turned 46, single mum of 3 sons, dance/fitness instructor - I have been posting on the forum since my diagnosis on 20th november! I have been using this resource as find it helps me to talk to women who understand where I ‘am at’ rather than friends who love me… <3

I start my chemo on 30th December so thought I would join this thread as well as the post xmas one. I am stage 3, grade 3 fast growing, 2 enlargements in lymph ndes but CT scan show rest of my body is clear :slight_smile: I am borderline triple neg…

Doc’s have now moved my surgey back and need to start the chemo first as tumour has gone from 25mm to 45mm in 2 weeks :confused: Scary times, emotions everywhere, exhausted and trying to fit in what I can when I can to prepare. Just wanted to say hello and will be joining in as and when… Best wishes to everyone
Karen x

Hello Brewster an January Chemo starters.

I saw onc last Fri for first meeting. 

Hospital just phoned. Pre chemo meeting Monday.

2NDJan.

Having 6 sessions FEC T starting with the T first.

Thinking of trying out the cold cap.

If I can stand cold/pain and it works then great. If not then… great too as life/ death sitution.

I knew on 28/11/2014 I would be having chemo.Now I have date.

All getting closer.

I am petrified of course. Ladies on this blog have helped keep me going.

I am quite a positive person so hopefully I have helped others also.

Planning to have a nice family Christmas.

Trying not to think about chemo too much but…

So glad that I went for that mammagram and it was picked up.

Roll on. The quicker get started the quicker next stage!!!

Cant wait to get to other side. After chemo I have to have axillary clearance then radio. So…

looking at fair few months yet.

All the best everyone on here.

Lets help each other get through.

x

Hi all,

I am new to these forums, but believe I may be joining you ladies in the New Year.

I was diagnosed on 27th November and had WLE and SNB on the 5th December.  Saw consultant last Friday for results and tumour was 21mm but thankfully clear margins and SN was clear… good so far!  It has been graded as a grade 3 so they are now talking of chemo then radiotherapy and it is hormone responsive so tamoxifen for 5 years after that.

Got a meeting with the oncologist later today so feeling a bit nervous and unsure what to expect.

Have been reading the forums for a couple of weeks now, and I must say it really does help to know you are not on your own.  I am so lucky that hubby, friends and family are so supportive but I guess sometimes it just helps to read about others going on a similar journey.

Take care lovely ladies xx

Hey Ladies

Can I join you? starting chemo on 13th January, I have had a WLE and SNB and that showed 2 of the 3 nodes damaged so had a clearance on 5th December. I’m booked to have the “picc line” fitted on the 12th then have 6 lots, 3 weeks apart. Not bothering with the cold cap, although the hair loss scares me more than anything I don’t think I can cope with more discomfort than I need! Feeling positive, this time next year it will all be a thing of the past. Together we’ll beat it

Sam xxx

Hi Karen and all the other lovely ladies joining together ready for January chemo.

I haven’t got a start date yet but DEFINITLEY chemo as triple negative, close margins, grade 3

Can’t wait to start in a weird way so i feel,I am doing something to knock this on the head !!

Hi Jane

I have Ben out today for lunch, first proper outing since bilateral mx two weeks ago. I have a house full at Xmas which I’m really looking forward to. They can all muck in and do the work and cooking !! I haven’t got a date yet for chemo but will DEFINITLEY start in January

Sam x

Great news Maggie that you are on the mend !!!

I am right behind you all. I see the oncologist on 8th Jan and start EC chemo on Jan 9th.

Waiting for portacath date . But looks like we will all be starting together YAY !!!
Not sure why I’m not getting the F and just getting the EC, But will ask when I see the oncologist

Hope you continue to get better Maggie !!

Sam xx

Thanks Jane!!! Yes feeling tons better, can’t believe it… Thought I would never turn that corner ???

Anyone having their first chemo FEC T on 2.1.2014 ?

Morning all xx

Maggie, you will be rattling ?? keep taking the drugs !!

Funny isn’t it how everyone gets something slightly varied with the chemo. I’m having 6 x EC followed. U taxol I think.
Have been reading about the F in FEC. And there is different opinion about whether it adds anything or not and some think it does and others think it doesn’t? So I guess it depends on individual practice at a particular hospital.

At this moment in time I will be glad to have anything that can help ??