Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rads stopped due to Low White Blood Cell count

5 REPLIES 5
Jay68
Community Champion

Re: Rads stopped due to Low White Blood Cell count

Hi Humblepeace - Happy New Year to you too! All is going well for me thank you. I'm coming into my third week since rads finished and I can feel my energy levels rising! I'm pleased the real tiredness/fatigue was over the xmas/new year period so I was able to just put my feet up and let hubby and son take over when I needed to rest up! My skin is improving daily - I did have an area of peeling under the armpit and I've had some amazing shades of red/brown/black! but all is looking far more "normal" now. The area around scar site is becoming stiffer and I have to consciously do my after surgery exercises to keep supple! I am back at work now too - I only work 2 hours a day so it's all fitting in lovely. Hope you're OK and can carry on with the rads soon. x
Humblepeace

Thanks Ladybowler. I appreciate your response.
I will continue to talk with oncologist as well. Thanks again.😀
ladybowler
Community Champion

Humblepeace

I do not know anything about this but it might be worth posting on the Ask Our Nurses section and see if they can give some advise on this xx

Humblepeace

Thanks Jay68,for responding.
I had low WBC during chemotherapy as well, but not low enough to stop or delay. I asked the oncologist the reason for this and he thought it was radiation. I hope others will respond with their experiences.
Happy New Year🎉 How have you been? I pray all is well with you.
Jay68
Community Champion

Hi Humblepeace - how interesting. I was aware rads affected your immune system to some extent but I've not heard of anyone having to stop and have a break - I'll be interested to hear if anyone else has had this experience. Take care and rest up x
Humblepeace

Rads stopped due to Low White Blood Cell count

Hello All,
I just had a visit with the oncologist today and was told that my WBC was too low and I would need a week off from radiation treatment. I completed 13/25. Has any one had this experience during radiation therapy?. I would love to hear from you all. Thanks so much.