cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recently diagnosed

9 REPLIES 9
Sisterjayne

Re: Recently diagnosed

Hi juliegal ,thank goodness you went for the pilot scheme , someone's looking after you,I know so how you feel I've been on the site in the early hours since I was diagnosed last thurs and it does help to share your thoughts , fears with girls who are going through the same experience. I am so lucky to have a wonderful sister who has beaten this thing and is able to encourage me , she's my inspiration and she's the one I was ringing every hr on the hour last week when my overwhelming panic kicked in, she's a breast care nurse too so is very knowledgable about everything and reassures me that every ache and pain I seem to have developed since last week is through stress and nothing else!! It's such a shock and a massive change to our lives to be given this diagnosis , but positively the outcomes these days are really good and if I'm honest as a nurse there are a lot more horrible diagnosis , this one we can BEAT !!! Love Jayne xx
sandie73

Thanks everyone and apologies to juliegal1 for taking over your thread.

Sorry for the pre op nerves and negativity. I will be relieved when it is cut out of me and a step nearer to a cure. Its the uncertainty and the loss of control over my life I cannot cope with. Like you said Donna, nothing in life is for certain and need to make most of every day. Events in the news like the malaysia airline plane disappearing with 166 people on board is a reminder of this. All I can do is take one day at a time, hope for the best outcome and make the most of every day.

Yeah we are all in the same boat and all terrified of this. We can all support each other to get through this terrible ordeal. Love to you all xxx

Sisterjayne

Hi Sandie 73 my thoughts are with you tonight , I can so imagine what you are feeling , il be there probably next week and its so scary and so surreal , once tomorrows over you know it will be out and you can move on , it is the uncertainty of it all that's not helping you at the mo , our lives will never be the same but we have to be positive and just sharing this and knowing we are all in the same boat helps I think . So be brave and get rid of that intruder ! Take care love Jayne
Donnaandfamily

Hi Sandie

I am sorry to hear of your diagnosis....

I felt (and still do) as you do when I was diagnosed...... then on the 29th April the Malaysia Airlines plane with 166 people on board lost their lives. This made me think ...do we ever know what lay ahead for us......... I know its an old cliche but I want to enjoy every day and think positively.

The negative thoughts do not change anything and I did not want to feel so low and waste my day. Slowly the darkness lifted and I take one day at a time.

Don't get me wrong I am not all singing and dancing and I hate this journey........ but I am sure the people on the plane would swap with us in a heart beat ......... at least we are here and are aiming for a cure.....

It has made me make some life changes.........I don't want to return to my stressful job.........and I want to give back to others..... I am going to enjoy my family .....

It is the loss of control and uncertainty......... but stay strong and think you will beat this.

We are all ont hs journey.... I hope you begin to feel better once your treatment begins and your journey to a cure is within sight xxx Donna

juliegal1

Hi Sandie73

Surreal it has been!!!  don't think it has really sunk in yet, I'm sure it will by the end of next week though!

Good luck for tomorrow, I hope it all goes smoothly for you,

Sending recovery hugs  xx

Kalo

Hi Sandie,
Yes I know what you mean about life never being the same again.
Surgery is only the first part to get through, then the waiting again. The night before my surgery I think I only slept for an hour! Had to be up early and kept worrying in case the alarm would fail to go off, your mind always goes crazy doesn't it!
You will be fine by the time you get to the hospital and the team take over there will be other women there going through the same as you. By this time tomorrow it should be over.
Take care x
Carole
sandie73

Hi Carole

Thanks for your good wishes. Even though I want this lump out of me, feel sick to the pit of my stomach at the thought of surgery tomorrow. Feel grief over the loss of my cancer-free life and that this is my last day of 'normality' before the long process of treatment ahead of me. Then its the uncertainty of what the future holds. Don't want to be negative but these mixed emotions and the fact that life isn't going to be same anymore is difficult to handle.

Glad your op went ok for you xx

Kalo

Hi Juliegal1
You have come to the right place for support, I have been on here a fair few times in the early sleepless hours! I was diagnosed on 2April and had my lumpectomy and SNB on 29th, waiting for my results and next treatment plan on this Thursday coming. Mine is hormone negative IDC.

Sandie73 all the best for tomorrow, my op wasn't as bad as I thought. X
Carole x
sandie73

Hi juliegal1

Sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Good that you got your lumpectomy and lymph node removal booked in. I was diagnosed on 14/4/14 with IDC hormone receptive and my surgery is tomorrow.

Been a surreal and horrific four weeks and tomorrow is the first step on a long journey. Hope you are coping with your news and that there is plenty of support from women on here who are going through the same horrible experience as you.

Take care and wish you a speedy recovery xx
juliegal1

Recently diagnosed

Hi all

Was diagnosed 1.5.14 with hormone receptive IDC - lumpectomy and lymph node removal scheduled 21.5.14.  All came as a bit of a shock as went for pilot scheme under 50 mammogram... and here I am.

Its been great being able to read others questions as it has answered a lot of the questions running round my head at 3.30am!