South Wales

Hi, anyone from South Wales?

Hiya Jude, I’m originally from Aberdare but now live in Pembrokeshire.

Hi I’m living in Swansea . Hi hobbitoes just seen your fab news on my pm xx
Where do you live Jude?

Hi, I’m near Abergavenny :smiley:

Hi cindersarah there doesn’t seem too many of us in South Wales. Hope your ok x

Hi Lols playing the waiting game. had WLE and SNB on 10th July (no cinical evidence of node involvement) lump was 25mm with clear margins. Readmitted two weeks later for axillary clearance and told that I would have chemo, radiotherapy and tamoxifen. Last week I saw surgeon and was told ony the sentinel node was involved - this now meant there would be a question mark over the chemo and whether the side effects would outweigh the benefits. I’m waiting for my appointment with the onc who is on holiday…
I had expected a few weeks ago to be (reluctantly joinging the August chemo group) but now i’m just waiting for the appointment and wondering whats next. Physically I am so lucky I have receovered remarkably well I was even decorating last week but this waiting is a right royal pain

Hi, I live in Cwmbran, so not far from Abergavenny.

Hi Jenanne, are you being treated at Nevill Hall or RGH? I’m at Nevill Hall (when the appointment comes through)

I’m here in South Wales and live nearer to Jeanne than to Cinderssarah.

Morning Ladies! I live in Caldicot. Being treated at Velindre ( North of Cardiff) I was diagnosed with secondaries at intial diagnosis over 2 1/2 years ago…

Good morning lovely Welsh ladies - I’m Cardiff born and bred and a very proud welsh woman. I was diagnosed with stage 2 grade 3 IDC in August 2012. I had a WLE and SNB which thankfully showed no lymph node involvement . I finished my FECT chemo in February this year, with radiotherapy in March. I am now nearly through my course of herceptin and at the start of 5 years of tamoxifen. I have my 12 month check up tomorrow (mammogram) and I admit to feeling very scared and anxious about it and can’t seem to think of anything else x x

Hello Mrs Mc, good to hear from someone a little further along the treatment trudge :smiley: I can understand your anxieties abot tomorrow and will keep everything crossed for you - let us know how you get on x

Hi all, I’m in Swansea, lived in Wales for 23 years. Just been diagnosed with bony secondaries, 13 years after my primary treatment. Bit shell shocked but seeing oncology this week to find out what’s next.
Marion

Cinderssarah, I have had treatments at Royal Gwent, Newport & radiotherapy at Velindre.

Few of us then, Mema are you going to oncology in singleton? I was there yesterday , didnt like it!! But don’t suppose your meant to. I start chemo on monday19 th . I live in skewen x

Hi all.
I live between Cardiff and Newport and have bone secondaries (for the last 21/2 years) which were diagbosed 5years to the week after primary diagnosis. I didnt post initially cos didnt want to spook the primary ladies!
there were a group of ladies meeting monthly in cardiff but I think the meetings are now intermittent. BCC organises a monthly meeting for secondary ladies in Cathedral Rd…but I rarely go cos thurs (the day of the meeting) I go to Bristol to look after my elderly mother.
After secondary diagnosis i had emergency radiotherapy, followed by hormonr treatment and when there was some progression by capecitabine…an oral chemo…for the last 18months. Im currently pretty well …Ive just returned from a week in Scotland…took my mum and did all the driving!..Incidently mema, my mum was diagnosed with a boney secondary 13 years after primary…she has been on hormone treatment for the last seven years and is now 90!..its a worrying journey but easier when you see some sucess on treatment! Good luck with your onc appt. Pamx

Horsie…just noticed your comments about SIRT on the liver mets thread. I had a theotetical discuusion with my onc in Velindre re SIRT should the need arrise and was assured it was available in Velindre. Pamx

Hi Pam (herbgarden), it’s always good to hear about ladies with secondaries for years. I was a bit hesitant to post because I didn’t want to worry any primary ladies, but I guess unfortunately there will always be a few of us who don’t escape secondaries. On a positive, i had 13 years of fantastic health, saw my children grow up and now on the grandchildren.
Lois, good luck with the chemo, treatments have changed a lot I’m sure in the last 13years. I always found the medical care I have received in any department has been very good and I have met some fantastic doctors and nurses along the way. Will see how it goes on Friday and will feel a lot better once I start some treatment. Marion

Hello horsie :smiley: I will have my radiotherapy at Velindre

I’m with Marion its good to hear from people who have had secondaries for some time. Although mine is a newly diagnosed primary I have a friend with a relative with secondary and until now she was the only one I’d heard about. I feel there’s a lot to be gained from people further along the treatment path - things to do, things not to do and things/decisions they’d make differently
Sarah