Stamina after herceptin????

Hi girls
I have just completed my final herceptin treatment and am struggling with my stamina. I walked for about ten mins yesterday and my legs felt like Id been to the gym!
For all you girls who have finished treatment, do the se’s gradually go?
Im 39 and feel 79!

Kim x

Hi Kimmie
Well done on finishing your treatment, I had my last herceptin 20th Jan… yeah i suffered with stamina along with increasing fatigue… all I can say is nearly four weeks on i feel okay and am pushing through it… with me though i do wonder if it was just the sheer relief of finishing all my treatment that is making me push myself to walk further and exercise more…
I think we just have to remember just what our bodies have gone through and cherish them a little bit… you will get there…
stay strong and hope this helps a bit xxxx

Hi fluffychick

Thanks for your reply. Well done on finishing your treatment too :0)
Its good to hear your starting to feel a little better. It scares me how little I can do without feeling it the next day. Your right though our bodies have been through the mill, just takes time I suppose.
Hope you go from strength to strength
lots of love
xxx

Hi Kimmie,
I finished my last herceptin about six weeks ago. Maybe I was kidding myself, but I really did not find it bad in terms of fatigue. Once the chemo was out of my system, I began to feel much better. On saying that, I have had a dog to walk, so started with little 20 minute rambles (with a sit down half way round!) and have built it up from there. As you both so rightly point out, our bodies have been through so much - as have our minds- it will take a little while. Best of luck,
X

Hi tsr

Thanks for messaging. Fatigue wise im not to bad its the runny nose, aches after walking etc and general lack of stamina. Im glad your getting out and about and managing to build up your strength :0)
Heres to patience aye?!

Kim x

Kimmie,
Funny you should mention the runny nose. Is that a SE? Mine seems to have been streaming since I finished Tax. Very interesting. ‘Patience,’ as you say!!
X

Hi folks

I finished Herceptin mid January and have to admit to feelings of both relief it over and trepidation at ‘flying solo’ so to speak! I have not been too bad in terms of lethargy, though have on occasion had overwhelming tiredeness with a need to sleep. I have been back at work full time since May last year and am coping with that well. I have been out walking 2-3 miles a couple of times a week and fine with that. Though achy joints (feel 80 not 50) and also had runny nose and allergic type symptoms whilst on Herceptin. These appear to be subsiding a little though not quite gone. Take care all and thanks for sharing. J.

Sorry, I should have clarified that achy joints remain and I am putting this down to the Letrozole I am on which is draining all my joints of osetregen!J.

Kimmie, i’m also 39 and feel 99!

Ive got my last herceptin on 29th feb, ive got worse stamina than last autumn! I managed to go to zumba at the end of last year but can’t even type that word now without feeling exhausted.

Ive been to Dudley zoo today with some friends and my younger son, it’s a very hilly place and i couldnt get up the slopes or steps without my legs feeling like jelly, even the downhill bits were heavy going!

My goodness, I hope these effects wear off ready for spring, I need a new spring in my step. :slight_smile:

I am due to have my last one next Wednesday. I have definitely noticed a cumulative effect in terms of tiredness and stamina. I was doing ok until the last couple. I have also noticed that over the last couple I have put on nearly a stone in weight for no apparent reason.

I have been told by the chemo nurses that it takes 6 months to completely leave your system. This is because for each treatment at the end of the 3 weeks half of it is left in the body so after 12 months, 6 months worth is left.

I am working full time and going to gym and doing spin three times a week, so just hoping it gets a bit easier, especially my ankles which are like a 90 year olds when I have been sat a while.

And don’t start me on the runny nose.
sam

Hi girls
What are we like, we are like a bunch of old biddys ha ha
Eeeeh you have to laugh dont you.

Im the same walking on the flat truddles, its horrible isnt it?!

Samlee - i didnt realise it took so long to leave the body, thanks for that info
You made me laugh with the ‘dont start me on the runny nose’ ha ha. Its infuriating isnt it. Mines terrible when im eating its embarassing especially if in a restaurant!
Oh and ive put weight on to. I havent been active through lack of stamina so hoping it goes when its all out of my system.
Well girls we will just have to muddle through the best way we can. Its got to get easier hasnt it?!

Kim x

Another one here! Got no energy,some days I feel so rubbish it’s like I am dragging myself around! As for the runny nose? Tissues up sleeves, in pockets everywhere in fact. Only 4 left to go maybe I will start to get some energy back then. Hanging on in it’s all we can do but I feel better knowing I am not alone in this! Em x

Hi em

Yes I get tired to. As for the tissues there everywhere ha ha
Your nearly finished only 4 left, fingers xd we get a spring back in our step.
Yes it is grt to know your not alone sometines
X

Tissues and cardis rule my life! I also get chills so on goes cardi then get hot and off comes the cardi plus flying tissues! So will have to learn how to produce those magician flowers next ! The mind boggles!! Emx

Em I know what you mean Im in bed now, douvet on douvet off, oh the joys ha ha
As for cardys and tissues im sick of picking tissues up off the floor. I keep leaving a little trail!
Happy days x

Embarrassing isn’t it? I feel like a litter lout some days I have so many in my coat pocket that on taking one out the rest go flying! so I end up shamefacedly picking them up for the bins! Funny thing is guilt! I spent so much time making my children take home rubbish many moons ago, now I am the biggest litter lout I know He!He! Em x

I know Em ha ha. Made the fatal error of going out today without a tissue!!! Uh oh?

Back home on the sofa now with my tissue box fimly beside me :0)

X

Oh dear! oops! I did get caught out when I wore my winter coat for the first time and no tissues! I really thought I had some in my bag but again no thankfully ran into the loo in the supermarket, it really can run like the proverbial tap! I now do a sort of check on leaving the house stuff the keys,tissues first! It is specially bad when coming in from the cold into a nice warm shop ugh!!! Can’t wait to be done with it all and hopefully reclaim some dignity Em xx

Ha ha I know exactly what you mean. Mines terrible eating a hot meal, very attractive not!!

Are you from the north east Em? X

No the West Midlands though originally from Liverpool, is that where you are? X