Woohoo!

Evening ladies :smileyhappy:

Got my post-surgery results today and it’s BRILLIANT news, they managed to get the cancer out with the first lot of surgery and there was no spread so all I need now is some radiotherapy and then, if I want it, some hormone therapy (Tamoxifen).  WOOHOO! No more surgery!!!  No chemo!!!

So delighted and so aware that I am one of the lucky few who get off lightly so I’m sorry if I sound insensitive to those who are having a much tougher time of it.  

Off to shed some happy tears now before I head over to the radiotherapy board to get to grips with that but I’m going to keep popping in here too if that’s OK, want to stay in touch with you all :smileyvery-happy:

xx

Sharon

FANTASTIC Sharon - so pleased for you xxx Rads will be a doddle after everything else.
Sarah xxx

Brilliant news Sharon

Good luck with the rads. Do hopw you keep popping in, just like me, still need the support of ladees who understand.

Hoope your new bras are still comfy.

Today I removed the dressings but the worst sore is still not good, but then again not as bad as it was

Havwa glass of someting to celebrate

Beryl x

Hi Sharon fantastic news for you go and celebrate keep in touch love judi xxxxxxx

Hi Sharon,
Always great to read of people having good news on here. I’m just nearing the end of my rads - first of 4 boosters today then I’m done. It has really not been a bad experience at all - as with every stage of this journey I wish I had been able to see into the future and I would have been much less anxious.
Also Tamoxifen - whilst I know some ladies have bad side effects very quickly, 6 weeks on I wouldn’t even know I’m on it. It was a no-brainer for me since I’m ER8 and PR8 so side effects will have to be terrible for me to stop taking it but they are not as inevitable as it can seem.
Good luck with next steps.
Kitt
X

So pleased for you. Now try and relax, keep in touch. Lol xxx

Thanks lovely ladies, it’s just such a relief as I was dreading the thought of more surgery/chemo (I’m such a wuss!) Now that I have bras that don’t hurt and full movement again I feel almost human.  Won’t be doing cartwheels down the corridor anytime soon, but even being able to take a proper shower feels like a treat :smileyhappy:

Beryl I’m glad to hear your micropore wounds are healing but it still sounds painful, not to mention a total hassle to have to keep changing the dressings.  Do you know how long it will take for your sores to heal?

Kitt I’m fine with the idea of radiotherapy as my brother-in-law is a radiotherapist of some sort (don’t really understand precisely what he does) and he has been able to reassure me that it will be OK.  I’m also happy to give Tamoxifen a go, although my consultant said it would be totally up to me whether I take it or not but I’m also an 8 for oestrogen & progesterone so I think it is worth it unless the side effects prove to be severe.

Sarah, any news yet on your appointment date?

Cheryl I don’t know when my radiotherapy will start but I guess it will be another 2 or 3 weeks as I only had my surgery 10 days ago and I think they like us to heal properly first so we might be travelling that road together.

Judi I hope your chemo is getting a bit more tolerable or does it still feel like you’ve been in the ring with Tyson?

love to you all

xx

Sharon

Fantastic news for you Where did you get your comfy bras please?

Hi Sunflower, I got some Macom bras (on the recommendation of a member here) and they are wonderful, albeit quite expensive.  I’d been wearing Royce bras but the Macom ones are much more comfortable.

xx

Sharon

Hi Lynne,

I’m going to have a chat with the medics about Tamoxifen too but as my cancer was highly hormone receptive I’m keen to give hormone therapy a go.  My understanding is that if the side effects are too severe I can always stop taking it so I figure it is worth a shot and some of the side effects (hot flushes etc) were things that I was expecting soon anyway as I can’t be very far away from a natural menopause given that I’m 50 now.

I’ll be very interested to know what you decide when you’ve spoken to your doctors and I’ll let you know what mine say too - every little bit of information helps doesn’t it :slight_smile:

xx

Sharon

Thanks Rose, I just can’t believe how slow your pathology results are! Seems ridiculous that we had surgery on the same day but you’re having to wait more than a fortnight longer for results but I guess it will be worth it when you get your good news too *looks at gods of breast cancer in meaningful way*

xx

Sharon

So good to hear positive news. I am glad the Macom bras worked well worth that little bit extra for comfort. It’s always a bit of a worry recommending purchases but there is so little out there for dd+. Stella x

great news Sharon . So pleased for you xxx

That’s wonderful news Sharon, I am so happy for you xx

Thats wonderful news…onwards an upwards…hoping i will have the same out come, see my consultant on the 27th…Gules xx

So delighted for you xxxxx

I can’t tell you how relieved I am for you Rose, been thinking about you all day and hoping for the best, just delighted you’ll be with us for the radiotherapy too.  Well, obviously I’d rather that none of us were here in the first place :slight_smile:  I walked around with a big cheesy grin on my face for days when I got my good news and I’m still delighted even now!

Are you healing OK now?  I know it’s been much more difficult for you after the second op so I hope it’s settled a bit now.

Woohoo!

xx

Sharon

Hi Beryl, I’m chuffed to hear that you’re on the mend now too, must be a huge relief!

Is the reason you don’t need rads because you had mastectomy plus implant whereas the rest of us had WLE and therefore still have local breast tissue that needs to be treated?

xx

Sharon

So pleased for you Rose, seems like we will be completing our rads all together. I can relate to the tears, cried when my surgeon gave me my ‘good news’ and that’s the first time since this horrible chapter started.  Sharon and Eileen, advised of my appt. Today, my bcn rang me, seeing onc. On 11th March.  any advice on rads will be greatlly appreciated.  Kerp strong my lovely ladies lol xxxxxx

Excellent news Rose & Sharon. Hugs all round xx