diagnosed 9th 2010 november at assessment centre

Hi my name is Alison and i live in Leeds…was called for a second screening and told I had BC…Is there anyone else out there that is at the beginning of their journey…I see the consultant for the 1st time tuesday…i am in a bit of a mess…have spoken to forum Head Spinning and they are lovely but at a stage a long way down the line…thanks

hi alison, so sorry your dx was bad :frowning:

tiime goess so slow to start with, bbut in rality those of us on other thread are only a couple of weeks in front, take heart!

my dx was officially oct 21st - mx this am, i never thought today would arrive, but it;s done, and you will start treatment soon and begin feeling less alone, i promise.

forgive typing, hospital bedside keypad, like very old remote!

hang on in there, sadly i am sure there will be more new faces soon, but we;re here too

sophie xxx

Hi Sophie I am so pleased you are ok…i prayed for us all last night but as I havent really spoken to HIM for 30 years I wasnt sure if he was listening. Although only spoken to you for a couple of days you are truly an inspiration and a breath of fresh air. Take Care now Alisonxx Cant believe you are on this site so soon after your op!!

Hello Alison
I’m so sorry to hear your news. I’m nearly 4 years since diagnosis but - believe me - I can still remember that dreadful day as if it was yesterday and I think everyone on this forum can sympathise with that.

At first it seems like an awful nightmare, but once you start to do something about the BC you will start to feel better.

This forum is great and you will find lots of support and information here.

Lots of luck on Tuesday. Let us know what happens.
Love Anthi x

hey,

sorry to hear your news and that u have had to join our group.

we are all here in the same boat at differnet stages.

thsi web site is the best support i have had, and i hope you feel the same, xxx

hi

Sorry you are joining here but believe me we ALL know how you feel. It is the most shocking, frightening thing that has ever happened to me & I thought the world was going to end - but it didn’t & it doesn’t. I was DX on 17th Oct and now 2 ops later I am already feeling so much calmer about it all. it’s a hell of a lot for our brains & bodies to take in & process but as the others said it really does get easier once you start to plan for treatment which thankfully happens relatively quickly although at the time t seems like an eternity of waiting.
there are some lovely people on this forum who really can help & it’s a place where everyone understands so you are not alone.

I hope you feel better soon but just take the time you need & you will start to come to terms with what is ahead.

XXXXXXXXXjo XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hi Alison sorry to hear your bad news as others have said things do move quite quickly and the waiting at the beginning is the worst. Once you know what is going to happen somehow you deal with it. Dx end Sept Lumpectomy and SNB on 11th oct . Just starting tamoxifen and awaiting date for rads- life is just a whirl

Thanks so much for all your positive comments…makes me feel a bit happier…roll on Tuesday x

Sohphie I love your blog, you are my cyber rock! Alison x

Hi Alison my name is Linda and i was diagnosed on tuesday the 2 nd November with BC . It is a shock but there is lots of support . I am due to go for surgery on the 2nd December . My head was in bits the fisrt week but i am begining now to accept it and i am feeling a lot stronger . Good luck for Tuesday . XXXXXXX

Hi Alison - glad to hear you sounding a little more upbeat! I’ve got to try to keep going with the blog… it started out a great idea, but I’ve got to stick with it, lol. I know I’ll be glad to look back on it in months/hopefully years to come - and it is so much easier than telling fifty people the same story over and over again… <grin> even I get tired of that!!</grin>

I’m back home now, yay, laptop - the internet thing in hospital was awful!! I had to check in - see how you all were!! Husband has disappeared into town with kids, so I’ve got the house to myself for an hour or two - roaring log fire, full control of the tv remote, and a flask of coffee - this is close to heaven after the noise and plastic beds in hospital!!

Talk soon xxx Sophie xxx

(Hang on in there - another day gone already, look - your appt. is getting closer xx)

Hi
I was diagnosed in sept 2010 but have only just found this website, it is lovely to know that you can get advise from others who have gone through the same, as at first i found it really difficult to come to terms with. xx

Hi Alison,

thinking of you at this difficult time…I as everyone else has stated remember the disgnosis being given with great clarity.

It may not be helpful, however, I found things much easier once I was given a treatment plan, ie what was planned for me with a timeline in terms of chemo, surgety etc, it was much easier, I was able then to monitor my progress against the plan and tick off each test/chemo cycle etc… funny as I am not a planner, but found having this plan gave me comfort, and next Wed is my last chemo and I can see light at the end of fatigue and sickness.

next step SNB in Dec Bilateral MX in Jan etc…

Triphazaed99 respect on line morning of op…go girl! all the very best

very best wishes to you all xxx

Hi Alison,
To reinforce what Sophie said I am only 3 weeks from dx of idc, you will get there. Know how you feel though, I was desperate to get going, just to feel like something was being done. I’m now looking at smiley60 with diagonised-date envy as she’s a month ahead of me! Today’s nearly over so another day down. Wendy x

HI Alison
I was dianosed with Breast Cancer on Friday 12th November. So I am new like you. Today I received a letter saying my pre-op assessment is on Monday 15th and my operation will be on 22nd November. Don’t know where my head is at the moment. Feed up of telling people and watching their reactions. I feel lucy in a way that it was discovered early and is treatable but my sister who died on 1st of September this year wasn’t so lucky, she died of brain tumors and secondary lung cancer. I don’t want people fussing over me,and feeling sorry for me. I have to remain strong, it’s the only way I can fight this. If you want a moan about anything I am here. I am on facebook also most nights if you use that site as well. You can always private message me. Ann R xxx

Hi Ann and Alison, welcome to the BCC forums

In addition to the support you have here please feel free to use our helpline for further support, information and a listening ear. The line is open 9-5 weekdays and Sat 9-2 on 0808 800 6000.

BCC have also published information about being diagnosed with breast cancer and other support BCC can offer you which you may find helpful, I have put the links to some of these here:

breastcancercare.org.uk/healthcare-professionals/publications/diagnosed-with-breast-cancer/*/changeTemplate/PublicationDisplay/publicationId

breastcancercare.org.uk/healthcare-professionals/publications/quick-order-list/*/changeTemplate/PublicationDisplay/publ

breastcancercare.org.uk/healthcare-professionals/publications/quick-order-list/*/changeTemplate/PublicationDisplay/publicationId/149/

Take care
Lucy

Hi there, Sorry to hear your news. My mum was diagnosed with Breast Cancer on the 4th November and we are meeting the surgeon for the first time also on Tuesday. Our journey as a Family has just started and I am also new to this site, but I have already had support here and feel better for it. We have to take one step at a time and do our best not to think too far ahead in the future, this is so very hard for Mum and we as a family have to support her. Michele x

Hi Chelie and Ann Thanks for your comments…
Ann hope today goes well…only 1 more sleep till i get some more news…lots of hugs
Chelie…so sorry about your mum, we will both be getting news on Tuesday…stay positive…ann and I are freinds on facebook, if you use this site then join us x

Hi Allison. I am on Facebook and will look out for you and Ann. Well tomorrow is nearly here and I am feeling alittle anxious about the appointment with Mum, but it will be the start of the journey to her treatment and hopefully full recovery?, so we are going in the right direction, which is positive. I am trying to keep Mum’s spirits up at the moment, its all a blur to her at the moment and a bit surreal to all of us as a family. I wish you all the best for your appointment tomorrow, as I have said to my Mum, one foot in front of the other. God Bless x x x Lots of Hugs x x x x

Hi Celie
Welcome. I have had so much support from different people it is amazing and I am sure you and you mom will also. The main thing is to ask questions if you are not sure of anything and to encourage you mom to do the same. It is scary I won’t say it isn’t, but if God said you HAVE to have a cancer, which one would you like, it would be this one breast cancer. The is a good prognosis with it, not like my poor sister that died on 1st September with brain tumors and lung cancer. I CAN BEAT THIS and so can your mom.
A friend of mine (who I didn’t even know had breast cancer) mentioned something the other day about when she had her breasts off. I was utterly amazed, you would never have guessed. She had it done over 16 years ago. She is so positive and supportive.
Come and have a moan on here or on facebook. I only private message on there about my cancer, except when I was having a go at my niece for telling someone else and I posted it on the wall for everyone to see, instead of private messaging. Never mind, just a senior moment, I get them now and them. I soon deleted, but not until after a few people saw it. Never mind.
I am the one who has a picture of the scream for a profile picture. I won’t put a personal pic on there as I don’t want to scare the children. Joke, don’t like having my picture taken, which is really funny as today I had pictures taken of my boobs, all in aid of medical reasearch. Take care everyone Ann xx